tuning maps

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

bspower
MS/Extra Newbie

tuning maps

Post by bspower »

Im trying to tune my cbr600f4i with Megasquirt 3 pro. Is there anyone willing to help with setting up VE tables and Ignition tables? i can start it up finally but will not idle well below 2500 and has not so good revving cababilities. Does anyone secretly have stock maps for this bike? Im new to tuning so this has been a headache so far.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: tuning maps

Post by grom_e30 »

No experience with the cbr, but i did microsquirt my gsxr600, can you go in to a bit more detail on this is it still in the bike? still using the itb's? what sensors are you running and so on... what are you using for engine load alpha-n, speed density or itb mode?? maybe post up a log of the bike running and a current tune.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
bspower
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bspower »

i cant get a log right now but i can later tonight.

Its going to be put in a custom frame eventually, currently i have it on the dyno. its not using the itb's, it has a plenum with 4 runners and a single throttle body/ 20 mm restrictor that all air flows through. Running most of the stock sensors got rid of the bank angle and maybe one or two more.. dont remember all of the stock sensors off the top of my head. Currently running it where we can check map and determine if its pulling vacuum or not

Also its on alpha N where we can refer to the tps for fuel
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

We haven't tuned this combo, but if you post a copy of the tune you have now and a data log of how it's running, I may be able to offer suggestions for improvement.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
bspower
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bspower »

What file do i need to post it as? and will my idle tune work? we have a water break dyno that the engine is on and ive done a couple sweeps but i think getting the engine to start reliably and quickly everytime and idle well is more of my concern right now.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

a copy of the the msq (tune file) and a data log of a warmed up engine trying to idle.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
bspower
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bspower »

i attached the files.. i havent done any tuning past 4k im just working on a great start and an idle right now.
Any and all help is appreciated. I know there are other teams on here that are running my setup.. help a fellow out :lol:
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Is the TPS reading correctly? It looked oddly flat in that log.
bspower
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by bspower »

it should have been mostly at idle so little tps movement
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The first thing I would do is check out the TPS. Also adjust it so that the spark advance in that RPM / load range is pretty flat across the board - it shouldn't see such large RPM swings with the TPS held steady, so I was wondering if it really WAS steady or if something's wrong with the reading.