If I am running full sequential fuel, Should I be 1 squirt??

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

redmist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

If I am running full sequential fuel, Should I be 1 squirt??

Post by redmist »

right now I noticed that my tune has fueling setup as 2 squirts per cycle alternating. I just started the car for the spring and am going over the tune and was wondering if I should have the fueling set at 1 squirt simultaneous??

This is on a fully sequential tuned port v8
1968 Dodge Charger, 446ci 513HP/542ftlbs,Full sequential fuel/Spark using MS3X. Jeep CPS, Ford Crank sensor, 36-1 wheel, Coil near plug with D-585 ls2 coil packs. Edelbrock pro-flo intake, 600cc injectors, GM MAP, TPS, IACV, CTS, MAT. 92mm Throttle Body.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: If I am running full sequential fuel, Should I be 1 squi

Post by racerron »

i think it is pretty much up to you. i know when i had my ms1 my 351 windsor idled better with 2 squirts vs. 4 squirts. now i have a ms3x also with 2 squirts alt.
redmist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by redmist »

Would running it in 1 squirt help, or harm?? I like the idea of a simple single squirt, but don't know for sure. My understanding is that 1 squirt alternating is only available if I am true full sequential. Is that correct??
1968 Dodge Charger, 446ci 513HP/542ftlbs,Full sequential fuel/Spark using MS3X. Jeep CPS, Ford Crank sensor, 36-1 wheel, Coil near plug with D-585 ls2 coil packs. Edelbrock pro-flo intake, 600cc injectors, GM MAP, TPS, IACV, CTS, MAT. 92mm Throttle Body.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

1 squirt is for simultaneous.
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

according to the tuner studio ms manual, sequential should be set either 2 squirts alternating or 1 squirt simultaneous. (section 8.1.1)
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

right!
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

My understanding is that in "full sequential" one squirt is the forced condition; it doesn't matter if you have 1, 2, alternating, or whatever, set.
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by elutionsdesign »

I run 1 squirt simultaneous on my fully sequential 4-banger, I tried to do that with the Toyota V12 and it just poured fuel no matter what required fuel was set to. Had to run it at 2 squirts alternating fully sequential, runs perfect. I won't claim to understand the nomenclature, I just go with what works.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

When you are running sequential, you get one squirt per channel per cycle; when you're running semi-seq, you get two. Period. Doesn't matter what the settings are in the Engine Settings tabs.

The confusion comes in when because the AMOUNT of fuel in those squirts is still determined by the entries in those tabs. There has been some discussion here between Jean, James, and Phil about simply greying out those entries, and having TS do the math based on ONE squirt (seq) or TWO squirts (semi).
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems