Playing around with VE analyze live

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

troy kilmury
MS/Extra Newbie

Playing around with VE analyze live

Post by troy kilmury »

Hello, im in the tuning process for my turbo 4.2 YJ and im messing with the VE analyze live on the the registered version of tuner studio. I have my afr table set to my preferences, and my ve table set well enough to drive around but it just needs more tweaking. The strange thing is that when i try using the auto tune function it just leans out all the the cells it touches in my VE table and makes it undriveable. Using ms2 with an aem wideband kit. Is there some sort of function i am missing? I have it set to reference the afr table i have set up but its nowhere close. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Playing around with VE analyze live

Post by nathaninwa »

Does the value displayed by tuner studio on the afr1 guage match what the actual guage is displaying?
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
troy kilmury
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by troy kilmury »

the gauge on my tunerstudio dashboard? it seems to match the afr reading on the actual gauge on the dash that came with the wideband kit. Or is there another gauge that im missing entirely? :shock:
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

That's correct Take a log and post your msq. Under general settings there is a box that says incorporate afr, make sure it says that and not include

Veal needs this setting to work
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

nathaninwa wrote:That's correct Take a log and post your msq. Under general settings there is a box that says incorporate afr, make sure it says that and not include

Veal needs this setting to work
This is not true... You can use VEAL with or without "Include AFR Target" setting. The main problem is that you need to chose if you want to use "Include AFR Target" feature BEFORE you start tuning your VE table. If you want to switch from "Dont include AFR target" to "Include AFR target" (or the other way around), this will require a major retuning of the VE table.

Sam