1.8t AEB tuning map advice

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mk1rocc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

1.8t AEB tuning map advice

Post by mk1rocc »

Hello,
I'm new to the megasquirt world , I've been reading allot both the manuals and here in the forum but it's a steep learning curve.
Allright so I purchased a second hand MS 2 with v3 board to fit to my bone stock 1.8T aeb engine . The guy that sold me the ecu had it fitted to a modded 1.8t engine but e said that he burned a tune for a stock engine for me.
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me take a look at the maps and tell me if anything is off...the ingnition advance looks a little weird to me ...
So my engine is going to run a stock K03 with stock injectors and a 3" exhaust (overkill I know), Lc-1 wideband.
The engine is freshly rebuild so I need a decent map to start with any advice is very welcomed!
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 1.8t AEB tuning map advice

Post by elutionsdesign »

Your AFR table and ignition table need some work. Nothing will break running them, it just becomes more difficult to tune with both of them all choppy like that.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
mk1rocc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mk1rocc »

Does anyone have better maps to start with? I need all the help I can get on this one..
Really appreciate any help and thanks for the input elutionsdesign
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

I think your best approach is to come to terms with the fact that you are going to have to do the tuning of this system to fit your specific engine. no matter what maps and tables you can find online you wont get a better running one that the one you tune yourself, if the engine runs you can go into tuner studio and start doing the tuning.
Do a little reading before you begin, get one of those books on ecu/efi system tuning,(the megasquirt guys at diyautotune have one they wrote) I have found the info in it very helpful, they give you a good understanding of what your trying to achieve and explain the reasons for different settings.
Good Luck......
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
mk1rocc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mk1rocc »

Well after allot of troubleshooting I'm finally starting to tune this engine .
It's running good but I have a few issues , you can see in the log that every time I accelerate there is aprox a 1sec delay from when the throttle is pressed to when the actual AFR is fallowing the target AFR. Before that it tapers from a value left by the AE wich is usually 1 point higher that required AFR .
I'm using autotune at the moment and it's working great but it seems to be struggling with on boost AFR ,or that is the only explanation I can see.
I tried to tweak the bins manually and it seemed to help, but as soon as a turn on auto tune it lowers the VE numbers back down...WHY? Am I missing something?

I'm too new at this , an experts opinion would be very welcomed.
2015-09-09_21.37.00.zip
2015-09-09_23.18.28 net.msq
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by yzn »

It looks like fuel decel, try to raise your mapdot threshold and make decel fuel amount to 100% until you finish tuning
And i highly recommend to upgrade to the current firmware 3.4 http://www.msextra.com/downloads/
mk1rocc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mk1rocc »

yzn wrote:It looks like fuel decel, try to raise your mapdot threshold and make decel fuel amount to 100% until you finish tuning
And i highly recommend to upgrade to the current firmware 3.4 http://www.msextra.com/downloads/
Hello,
Fuel decel cuts in at the end off the accel, and honestly I don't know why MAP DE is cutting in when I have it set to 100% TPS AE...
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

I think his point is, by setting Decel Fuel Amount to 100% will disable DE, which I agree with! IMO, take DE out of the equation until you have fuel dialed in!

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
mk1rocc
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by mk1rocc »

kjones6039 wrote:I think his point is, by setting Decel Fuel Amount to 100% will disable DE, which I agree with! IMO, take DE out of the equation until you have fuel dialed in!

Ken
Ok , I got that and I am going to implement it, but I was asking why is MAP DE cutting in when AE is 100% TPS based?
Also could the AFR taper be from EGO ?, pid is 40 15 10 and authority is 5%. I will turn this off as well and see if there is any change.