Complete Noob

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Complete Noob

Post by Udbassist »

I really screwed some stuff up so please consider that when looking haha.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkskpm5pvz58s ... e.msq?dl=0
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

I'll be posting a recent one today. Come to find out I have 750cc injectors. If I change it to 750, the car refuses to stay running if it runs at all. I really need VE analyser(auto tune?) but I don't have that kind of money... Really wish there was some kind of a trial or something. I know $60-$80 isn't a lot to some but when your the only income in a family of 4 making less than 20k a year, it really is a lot. I'll post that MSQ in a few minutes.
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

New update.

RC Racing SL4-750 injectors. When I searched RC for the injectors, they were disco'd but all the 750's were high impedance. So I thought mine were too. I was wrong. Found on a dodge forum that those injectors only were low impedance.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Udbassist wrote:New update.

RC Racing SL4-750 injectors. When I searched RC for the injectors, they were disco'd but all the 750's were high impedance. So I thought mine were too. I was wrong. Found on a dodge forum that those injectors only were low impedance.
Do you have a DVM that you can use to actually measure the resistance of the injectors in question?

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

No but my neighbor might. I'm going to check with him today. I'm also going to try to make a timing light today to check my timing.
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

Really didn't see a "for sale" thread on the board. Does anyone have a Wideband sensor they would sell? I would assume any kind would work?
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

12.8 ohms. So I guess the info I found was invalid. They start at about 13.3 but steadily drop to 12.8 and hold there.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Udbassist wrote:12.8 ohms.
Hi-Z...... now you can set up accordingly!
So I guess the info I found was invalid.
Invalid info?? :o On the internet??? :shock: Tell me it ain't so!!!!! :lol:

Good luck! :D

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

Hi-Z? Short for High impedance?
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

Udbassist wrote:Hi-Z? Short for High impedance?
That's correct.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Udbassist wrote:Hi-Z? Short for High impedance?
Yep! Electronics shorthand....... Sorry about that!

Ken
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

Haha that's ok!

Now if I change my injectors from 450cc to the true value of 750cc, it dies. Do I need to adjust the spark to compensate for the extra fuel?
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Latest msq and log might help here.......

Ken
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

kjones6039 wrote:Latest msq and log might help here.......

Ken

Good point. I don't have a current log but I can post a MSQ. It's basically a stock file. I'm starting from scratch.

I really need to update the laptop to a newer one so I don't have to plug into my router every time... Guy before me liked the serial port better due to a "better connection". Plus these old school IBM's are tough.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Udbassist wrote:Now if I change my injectors from 450cc to the true value of 750cc, it dies.
Remember, you are almost doubling your injector size! Therefore you are close to halving your Required Fuel number! I'm guessing you are now way lean. You may need to bump your VE table to get enough fuel to run. This is pretty much all speculation without a log though.
Do I need to adjust the spark to compensate for the extra fuel?
Not likely to help with this issue.......

Ken
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

kjones6039 wrote:
Udbassist wrote:Now if I change my injectors from 450cc to the true value of 750cc, it dies.
Remember, you are almost doubling your injector size! Therefore you are close to halving your Required Fuel number! I'm guessing you are now way lean. You may need to bump your VE table to get enough fuel to run. This is pretty much all speculation without a log though.

Your correct. RF is at about 4.1 when I plug in 750cc. Right now I am super lean. Due to the lack of a wideband, it's hard for me to tell how lean. Though my spark plugs showed me.
Do I need to adjust the spark to compensate for the extra fuel?
Not likely to help with this issue.......

Ken
Figured not but like I said, I'm still learning :)
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

2015-06-22_20.02.56.msl
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

Tune
Udbassist
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Udbassist »

So once I upped the injectors and placed the fuel table high enough to idle where I wanted it, it's acting as if it's stumbling under throttle. When I press the throttle, it acts like its about to die then revs up while stumbling. That's what the log is of. Currently I'm only running 1 narrowband so I can not get the AFR. Really don't have the $100 laying around to buy a sensor either. So that leads me to this crazy question, since I am running MS, as long as the sensor fits, could I splice any sensor in it that is wideband? Even factory widebands?
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Udbassist wrote:So once I upped the injectors and placed the fuel table high enough to idle where I wanted it, it's acting as if it's stumbling under throttle. When I press the throttle, it acts like its about to die then revs up while stumbling. That's what the log is of. Currently I'm only running 1 narrowband so I can not get the AFR. Really don't have the $100 laying around to buy a sensor either. So that leads me to this crazy question, since I am running MS, as long as the sensor fits, could I splice any sensor in it that is wideband? Even factory widebands?
Wideband sensors are totally different to narrow band, and require their own electronics to interface with MS.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.