megasquirt PNP ?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

boosted_cobra
MS/Extra Newbie

megasquirt PNP ?

Post by boosted_cobra »

ok so I have had my megasquirt pnp or my 95 mustang for a while but just getting around to trying to tune it.i have a friend help me with it to this point but cant figure out why around 6600 it brakes up kinda like it hit a rev limiter also car runs hotter now with the tune and E85. just wanting to post the tune and data log and see if anyone on here sees anything wrong i will post my combo,data log and tune
trythis7.msq
2015-05-11_21.11.30.msl new plugs.msl
ok here is the combo 94 mustang cobra
357w 9:0 compression on E85 NGK8 plugs gapped at .20
powerglide transmission with 9.5 ptc converter
edelbrock victor jr heads upgraded springs
trick flow R box intak trick flow 120lb injectors
borg warner 480 turbo billet wheel,race cover t6 1.32 A/R
custom cam 230/235 duration
.609/.610 lift
114+4 lobe
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: megasquirt PNP ?

Post by Matt Cramer »

What exactly are you running for ignition? 16 psi of boost on E85 is going to be a challenge to light off.

Also, please use a timing light to make sure the timing advance is correct across the rev range. If not, adjust the Spark Latency setting.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
boosted_cobra
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boosted_cobra »

Matt Cramer wrote:What exactly are you running for ignition? 16 psi of boost on E85 is going to be a challenge to light off.

Also, please use a timing light to make sure the timing advance is correct across the rev range. If not, adjust the Spark Latency setting.
im running a msd 6digital plus,msd pro billet distributor,msd wires,stock style mustang MSD coil.also running ngk8 plugs .20gap

How would I check the timing.just rev the car and read the timing? While in neutral? Or do I need to get on transbrake.
boosted_cobra
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by boosted_cobra »

Matt Cramer wrote:What exactly are you running for ignition? 16 psi of boost on E85 is going to be a challenge to light off.

what do you mean on 16psi is going to be hard to light off
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

boosted_cobra wrote:im running a msd 6digital plus,msd pro billet distributor,msd wires,stock style mustang MSD coil.also running ngk8 plugs .20gap

How would I check the timing.just rev the car and read the timing? While in neutral? Or do I need to get on transbrake.
Correct, test by revving in neutral.

The combination of high cylinder pressure and E85 would require a lot of spark energy - most likely more than a stock TFI ignition is capable of. An MSD 6AL ought to be up for the job, though. It just wasn't mentioned in the first post, so I wanted to make sure you weren't trying a stock TFI.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X