E85 fuel correction or dual table for MAF?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

E30_Driv3r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

E85 fuel correction or dual table for MAF?

Post by E30_Driv3r »

Turbo BMW w/gm flex fuel sensor,Running ms3-pro, latest firmware.

I know if I was running speed density, the answer would be table blending, one for a pump gas tune and another for e85 and blend inbetween via the flex fuel sensor. But how about with a maf? I've been running various percentages (E20, E40, E50, E60, E70) and the AFs stay constant throughout with just fuel correction from the flex settings menu which I find pretty impressive. Since with MAF there's just a VE trim table for minor adjustments does it make sense to say take my trim table and scale it by the extra 30-45% needed for e85 and "blend" trim tables based on ethanol %? Just the sound of it sounds complicated. For spark I have the timing addition in the flex menu zeroed and I run another spark table (3) that is also blended, same with boost, table blending makes sense to me for those two. Wanted to get some thoughts so I can decide how to go about fully dialling it in the best way when I head to the dyno.

Thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: E85 fuel correction or dual table for MAF?

Post by Matt Cramer »

If you're getting good AFRs on any fuel blend, I wouldn't use the table blending for fuel. But I'd definitely use it for spark.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X