Is there a way to see TPS voltage??

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MaxxAction
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Is there a way to see TPS voltage??

Post by MaxxAction »

Hey all...

pulled my car apart a couple months ago to replace the transmission, and just got it back on the road yesterday.

A couple months before I parked it for the winter, I noticed that I was getting some hesitation under acceleration, which got progressively worse. It is so bad now that when I try to romp on it, it feels like I am losing 2 or 3 cylinders. I have correct fuel pressure, the plugs are in good shape, the wires are new, no vacuum leaks, so the basics are sound.

One thing that can cause this type of thing on these motors (LS1) is a faulty tps. I also noticed when I recalibrated the TPS this time, that I had lost about 45 steps from where it was at WOT previously, and when I am off the gas, sometimes it will read .01, sometimes .02 or .03, so it seems like it might be flaking out on me. Is there a way to see the actual TPS voltage in the software? I don't want to just throw money at parts if I can help it. Thanks.
BigLou240sx
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Is there a way to see TPS voltage??

Post by BigLou240sx »

You can take a direct signal voltage measurement by backprobing the TPS sensor harness.
1990 Nissan 240sx / SOHC KA-T / DIYPNP
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Is there a way to see TPS voltage??

Post by DaveEFI »

Set a gauge on TS to read the TPS, and make sure it moves smoothly from min to max? And or check it in a log?
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.