cursor in the wrong spot

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: cursor in the wrong spot

Post by kjones6039 »

waybad wrote:I'm still VERY new at this,, please be patient with me..
My apologies if I came off that way! I was merely trying to reinforce the importance of posting a current msq (along with a log of course).
They help tremendously when trying to assist a user!

Ken :D
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
waybad
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by waybad »

kjones6039 wrote:
waybad wrote:I'm still VERY new at this,, please be patient with me..
My apologies if I came off that way! I was merely trying to reinforce the importance of posting a current msq (along with a log of course).
They help tremendously when trying to assist a user!

Ken :D

Ken,,
NO NO NO you didn't.. I just don't want to rub anybody the wrong way,, I'm lost right now as to why my cursor is moving the opposite way as ever other table that I have looked at..
I get antsy when I'm lost like this, and I really start showing how dumb I really am :shock:

please feel free to jump my as$ anytime,, I can take it!! I have 3 daughters and a wife, female dog and 2 female cats, I'm use to being wrong!!
Tinker
TUNER STUDIO V2.6.19 MS2/EXTRA RELEASE 3.3.3 :D
72 Vega GT ls1/ms2
Tinker
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

waybad wrote:I have 3 daughters and a wife, female dog and 2 female cats, I'm use to being wrong!!
I know the feeling!!!!! I have been married for 52 years....... to several different women..... :lol:

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

Really sounds like a large vacuum leak to me. Mine did the same with a vacuum line disconnected.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

WillExoIX wrote:Really sounds like a large vacuum leak to me. Mine did the same with a vacuum line disconnected.
That was my suspicion early on. Or, connected to 'ported' vacuum.

I am not yet convinced that the this is a matter of the dot being in the wrong place...... The screen shots posted by the OP look fairly normal judging by his description.

I suspect that the only way we're going to be of any real help, is to be able to look at your tune and an attendant data log. In instructions for posting these are contained in the manual as noted by James:
jsmcortina wrote:Click on the "Forum help page" or "Read help page here" links and it explains how to SaveTuneAs and Upload attachment.

James
Ken
waybad
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by waybad »

well the vacuum port I used was a metered port for hvac?? changed that and it idled a little better!! but it still wasn't staying running,, thought I had ran out of gas? Nope!! still wanted to stall,, messed with a few more times, but the car is loud my dog is going stir crazy in the house :o I have exhaut pipes and mufflers coming in the mail,, I posted a datalog that I had sent to Matt.. hopefully it show up on here?,, anyway you guys got me convinced its a vacuum leak, so I pulled the intake and found what I think is injectors not seated all the way in? they didn't leak fuel but 4 of the 8 were not all the way in,, and had 2 of the intake gaskets looking not good?
Thanks again for everyone's input,, I feel like you guys have me on the right path.. just don't give up on me!! :oops:
Tinker
72 Vega GT ls1/ms2
Tinker
waybad
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by waybad »

here is one the intake gaskets right after I took it off and I have one more datalog also
72 Vega GT ls1/ms2
Tinker
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Even in a naturally aspirated application, it's good practice to do a boost leak test with like 5psi pressure in the intake system
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control