PWM Idle question

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MaxxAction
Helpful MS/Extra'er

PWM Idle question

Post by MaxxAction »

Hi guys...

I was curious, I switched to PWM idle, and got the car idling pretty smooth, after months of fighting with oscillating idle using "always on" on the stepper motor. the problem is, I can't get the car to idle under 1100 rpm. So I block the hole in the TB blade, thinking that I could increase the duty on the PWM idle duty table, but regardless of what I do with the duty table, it makes no difference to the idle. When the car is cold, I have to hold the throttle open until it gets up to about a hundred and sixty degrees before the car will idle. I am thinking my Idle air controller motor is bad, unless there is something I am missing about PWM idle.

Is there something else I need to adjust using PWM Idle Warmup for my idle control? Thanks.

Eric
guillermopg25
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: PWM Idle question

Post by guillermopg25 »

the exact same thing happened to me, i was not using the suggested diode in the pwm valve itself. it seems that if you don't use this diode sooner or later a diode in your MS burns.

you should install a 1N4007 diode between positive and signal of your valve (the mark on the diode goes to +12v).

hope this helps.
matthunter1448
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matthunter1448 »

do i still need that diode with ms3x it says in the manual just connect it directly
yzn
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by yzn »

you still need the diode for idle valve
read the note on page 48 in the manual
http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS3 ... .3-48.html
matthunter1448
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matthunter1448 »

correct but i have the jumper wire wired internally so i shouldn't need it since that wire makes it high frequency capable correct?