idle valve stopped working

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

idle valve stopped working

Post by Yves »

I had my iac working (Jeep valve with block from DIYautotune). It worked fine untill now and suddenly the valve won't budge. I tried a larger single step size but it makes not difference.

Ideas ?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: idle valve stopped working

Post by billr »

Are you trying this in TS "test mode"? Check for AC voltage across each motor coil, while trying to step. Have you checked resistance on each coil?
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

billr wrote:Are you trying this in TS "test mode"? Check for AC voltage across each motor coil, while trying to step. Have you checked resistance on each coil?
I have tested it in test mode, but with the same results.

I managed to get in working in test mode, but as soon as I went back to the car later on the day it didn't move anymore. :?:
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

just a question to be sure : could disconnecting the battery when the car is in the garage have any influence ?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Have another motor to try? Disconnecting the battery won't affect anything, that's what happens when you cycle the key off anyways, as far as the idle moto thinks, same with megasquirt
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

"I managed to get in working in test mode, but as soon as I went back to the car later on the day it didn't move anymore. :?:"

Did you fix or change anything to get it working under TS, or did it just magically heal itself? Does it still work in test mode, while installed in the car? This sounds like an intermittent, and my first suspicion is wring or connectors. Next after that would be soldering on the mainboard, if that was built from a kit.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

billr wrote:"I managed to get in working in test mode, but as soon as I went back to the car later on the day it didn't move anymore. :?:"

Did you fix or change anything to get it working under TS, or did it just magically heal itself? Does it still work in test mode, while installed in the car? This sounds like an intermittent, and my first suspicion is wring or connectors. Next after that would be soldering on the mainboard, if that was built from a kit.
v 3.57 board.

It doesn't work in test mode either at the moment.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X