AN-hybrid to ITB load map conversion

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pkm123
Helpful MS/Extra'er

AN-hybrid to ITB load map conversion

Post by pkm123 »

Hello,

I have to admit I don't understand how the numbers in the Alpha-N hybrid map can be converted to the ITB load map. I have a fairly good tune, but all the data points at part throttle are below 11% TPS. The tps switch point (90 mbar) at 1000 rpm is 7% and the tps switch point at 5000 rpm is 19%. I would like to increase the resolution of the ve table to improve AFR control. I can build the TPS switch point curve, but don't know what values to put in the ve table.

Can anyone give me some advice or do I have to do trial and error?
I am including my tune, but the log file is too large to upload.

Thanks.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: AN-hybrid to ITB load map conversion

Post by Yves »

Interesting question as I'm contemplating going this route myself now that my maf is not usuable.
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: AN-hybrid to ITB load map conversion

Post by kaeman »

If you have a tune that runs well, take that tune use the file save as and rename it to something...itb mode. Then open the new named tune in tunerstudio, make the changes to engine and sequential settings, then go to the itb mode settings and fill in the ITB load tps switchpoint settings curve with data you got from your engines datalogs, it will alter the other chart for you or you can put the 50% that is recommended in the manual into the second curve., then you can try to start the vehicle with the current ve tables. you will have to retune most of the table but this should give you a place to start.
Good Luck
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.