Bog on light throttle and light load

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jompa_a
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Bog on light throttle and light load

Post by jompa_a »

Hello.
I am trying to help a friend out with some tuning on his bmw e34 m30b35 turbo.
I don't reaaly know where to start to get rid of the bogging.
It happens on idle and light load. The lambda spikes to 1.5 and it takes about 1 sec before it catches up.

It also goes lean sometimes on engine braking.

Is the fault in the ve-table or did I miss something else?
Last edited by jompa_a on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greetings from Sweden /Jonas
jompa_a
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Bog on light throttle and light load

Post by jompa_a »

Good example between 5200 sec and 5220 sec.
Greetings from Sweden /Jonas
pkm123
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by pkm123 »

There is no Accel Enrich. Change the slider to 100% TPSdot. Lower the Accel TPSdot Threshold form 190 to 50. Change Decel Fuel Amount from 90 to 100. Change End Pulsewidth to 0 and change Accel Taper Time to 0. You can click on the "Help" button in the upper right corner of the Accel Enrich box and read more from the manual.

This should fix the Lean spike on "tip in" and reduce the lean mixture on decel. Good Luck
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

looking at the log, I noticed that your engine is making large rpm changes with out the tps showing any indication of movement, and the afr's are running up and down with engine rpm. I notice that the tps at -.3 has rpms from 1407 to 2717 without any change in tps. you need to get that figured out. it may be creating the other problems you are having.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.