AE always lean spikes

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MattyB
MS/Extra Newbie

AE always lean spikes

Post by MattyB »

Hey, been fighting this Ford powered Toyota truck for a while now and I have an issue with AE always spiking lean yet when I increase the added mSecs, it doesnt improve. Maybe Im doing something wrong, but I should be able to get a noticeable change when increasing the AE fueling and when it comes to this, it doesn't. MAybe someone can take a look at where Im at and point me in the right direction.
jamies
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: AE always lean spikes

Post by jamies »

try reducing tps dot to 50 in the AE settings - at 200 you are rarely triggering AE
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

when looking at your datalog in megalog viewer set one of the graphs to tps, afr, pw and accel enrichment. then look closely at the throttle openings and the lean spot, if your lean spot occurs when you have a large pulsewidth then you are actually have a rich misfire.. which the o2 afr reading interpets as very lean. and the more fuel you add the worse the problem will get.. try reducing the fuel until the stumble goes away.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
MattyB
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by MattyB »

Thanks for the help guys! I not only had to lean it out, I also had to reduce the TPSdot setting to 85% as 50% was way too sensitive and going into AE at anything other than the slowest throttle movements.