Air Sensor?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

lekman
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Air Sensor?

Post by lekman »

Hello
I run an audi 5-cyl turbo engine with ms1, MSnS. I have just recently started to use the VE-analyzer in the MegaLogViewer. I notice that the analyzer suggests a richer VE-table when the surroundings are warmer, at a warm summer day and a leaner VE-table when driving a cold morning. The suggested differences can be up to 5 – 6 figures in the VE-table. Do I have a problem with my intake air temp sensor? I feel that the temp correction is a bit to big.
Regards/Lars
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Air Sensor?

Post by elutionsdesign »

What percent of the VE value is 5-6?
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

lekman wrote:Hello
I run an audi 5-cyl turbo engine with ms1, MSnS. I have just recently started to use the VE-analyzer in the MegaLogViewer. I notice that the analyzer suggests a richer VE-table when the surroundings are warmer, at a warm summer day and a leaner VE-table when driving a cold morning. The suggested differences can be up to 5 – 6 figures in the VE-table. Do I have a problem with my intake air temp sensor? I feel that the temp correction is a bit to big.
Regards/Lars

You can do an approximate check on the air temperature sensor by looking at TunerStudio first thing in the morning before starting the engine. Both CTS and ATS should read ambient temperature.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
lekman
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by lekman »

The differences are smaller than 10%, normally 5 - 6%. I find it a bit interesting that the system wants a richer table when its a hot day and a leaner table when its colder outdoors, the opposite from an old carburettor. This is truth if I speak in general terms but there are always some few positions in the VE-table that wants the other way around. This leads to the next question, -is it a good idea to do several runs in a row, multiple logfiles and VE adjustments or will this lead to a worse situation?

Tomorrow Ill look at the temp readings when the car is cold....

BR/Lars
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

:msq:
lekman
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by lekman »

This is my log file and msq-file.
Can the position of the intake air sensor be causing this phenomena?

/Lars

ps: note the very advanced Ignition Table. Runs very well