Idle tuning problems (LPG)

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ramiro
MS/Extra Newbie

Idle tuning problems (LPG)

Post by ramiro »

Hello
I am getting crazy with the idle tuning , i have a mercedes 500se 90 and i use the Megasquirt to control the Vapour LPG injection , the Ke jetronic petrol System is still orginal and has a perfect idle.
Driving is ok but if you try to park somewhere and have to drive forward and backward the engine nearly always stalls if you steer or hold the Steering Wheel at limit and change Gear from D to R ,changing from N do D without moving the steering wheel is no problem sometimes it changes the gear without big RPM drop sometimes with.
Problem is that the engine has a special Idle air system so that the idle air goes in around the petrol injectors not over the throttle body also the electronic idle valve is not controled by megasquirt.
Problem is that i need something like accel enrich on idle , so that when the RPM drops below 550 it injects one short fuel burst to catch the engine because i think that the the problem is that the idle valve opens and the Megasquirt reacts to slow to give more fuel.
Once the gear is inserted and the Engine didn't stall the idle is sometimes good sometimes jumpy but doesn't stall.
On the orginial petrol system the car never stalls whatever i do.

Has somebody a idea what can be done to get a stable idle ?

Ramiro :(
elutionsdesign
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Idle tuning problems (LPG)

Post by elutionsdesign »

Have you tried the A/C idle up feature to add more timing when the rpm drops? That can help a bunch.
Graduate of EFI University.

I build, repair, install and tune Megasquirt systems in North Dakota and beyond!
ramiro
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ramiro »

Forgot to tell ignition is still stock but low idle is not the problem , when there is load the idle valve opens , but when the load suddenly changes the megasquirt is to slow for adjusting the fuel amount biggest problem is when i take out d , the idle increases so that the idle valve closes to maintain the rpm , and when i in that moment insert gear the enginge will die because then the valve will suddenly open but the fuel will be to slow.
ramiro
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ramiro »

Set the injection to 4 squirts per cycle now the idle is much better when the gear is in , stalling is still there i attached a log where it can be seen , also one while driving and the tune.