over run fuel cut set up

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

over run fuel cut set up

Post by nathanhardy »

quick question. so the rpm greater set say this Typically a number of hundred RPM above idle. so my idle is 900 so I set this to 1000 then the one that throws me is the return fuel when rpm is less than a set rpm and the help note says this Allows a dead-band of RPM for smoother operation. Typically set this a few hundred RPM below your minimum RPM setting... what is the min rpm that they are taking about Idle? or rpm greater setting? i am confused :D
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: over run fuel cut set up

Post by kaeman »

I think they are talking about the rpm greater than setting, as that is the actual minimum rpm setting for triggering the system, so if your idle is 900 rpm and your rpm greater than setting is 1500 rpm then your lowest rpm to reengage setting should be like 1100 so that the fuel turned back on before you were at your lowest idle speed, and the dead band would be the rpm between the 1500 rpm turn off and the 1100 rpm turn on of the fuel.
so your setting for the rpm greater than setting should be more like 1500 rpm. and your minimum rpm setting should be 1100 or 1000 rpm.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

That make sence but I guess what's throwing me is it said to set the the greater rpm to a few hundred above idle when I think a few I think max 200 rpm that doesn't give it much time to recover fuel and some time my car drop out and dies coming to a light on decel furl cut.
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo conversion »

I have mine set at greater than rpm 1301 and return fuel when rpm less than 1299 and it functions flawlessly.

It also depends on the rpm your engine idles at, mine idles at 750 rpm.

David

edit: text
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

In the example info the few hundred is about 500 rpm over the idle speed. So set your rpm greater than rpm to about 1500 rpm. and the return to fueling at 1100 rpm and you should be good to give it a test.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

turbo conversion wrote:I have mine set at greater than rpm 1301 and return fuel when rpm less than 1299 and it functions flawlessly.
That's not how it is designed to work! There's supposed to be a gap of hundreds of RPM not two RPM.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

What's too high of a Tps setting? I have mine setup at 1% and noticed in some one else's tune that it was higher... I guess the problem I'm have is that once I'm back on the gas i notice that my fueling is lean till I press the pedal I little bit more then I would have to to stay at that speed once I do it's fine, I'll post a msq
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

jsmcortina wrote:
turbo conversion wrote:I have mine set at greater than rpm 1301 and return fuel when rpm less than 1299 and it functions flawlessly.
That's not how it is designed to work! There's supposed to be a gap of hundreds of RPM not two RPM.

James
I also use a low figure of 10rpm, again that works well too. I have fuel return at 2590 because one day I was coming down a mountain range engine braking into a turn and decell switched off and unsettled the car mid turn. Since then I have increased the return rpm and no more downhill scares.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Thank you gentleman for all the help i hope everyone understands that im very thankful for the help! ive play around with my over run settings i think im close this msq is where i think it"ll work best if you'd comfirm that theres not anything weird that would be awesome. two other question i have are first and most import is my idle duty cycle is kicking my but the other night for some reason my idle raised and to drop it i had to add duty the next day my idle was way high so i brought it back down it has done this a few time since ill had to car on ms. second how do you know if your ego P.I.D. setting are correct? im getting ready to dyno tune myself and id just like to know if my tune is ready for that since its my first time ill ever be on a dyno

ps when veiwing the data logs where is you zoom at reason i ask is i want to make sure i have no noise