VE table values too high

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

VE table values too high

Post by Barton »

Hello, this is the first time I notice this, the values on the VE table are too high, near to 200 and the duty cycle is low about 30%, a little help will be apreaciated.

Right now the forum reached the attachment quota, Is somebody is willing to help, I can send the msq and log file to an email.

thanks
Megasquirted engines: 4g63, k24a2, b16-b18, duratec, ecotec, fiat 8v-16v, modular 4.6 32v, 1fz-fe, fiat 5cil 20v, Opel corsa, G54B, VW AG, 2ZZ-GE.
https://www.facebook.com/Bartonefi
instagram: @bartonefi
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: VE table values too high

Post by kjones6039 »

Barton wrote:Hello, this is the first time I notice this, the values on the VE table are too high, near to 200 and the duty cycle is low about 30%, a little help will be apreaciated.
A little scant on information about your setup! What is this beast? :lol:

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Barton »

4g63 turbo, gsc s3, precision 7175, injector dynamics 2200cc ms3x, the car stars perfectly runs perfectly but some how I need to push the ve table to 200 at only 120kpa, pre 1.4 beta 2

I have only tuned below 6k rpm and 207kpa because other problems but tomorrow I'm going to finish it but I do not know whats happends.

here are the msq and one log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7OFUy ... sp=sharing

thanks
Megasquirted engines: 4g63, k24a2, b16-b18, duratec, ecotec, fiat 8v-16v, modular 4.6 32v, 1fz-fe, fiat 5cil 20v, Opel corsa, G54B, VW AG, 2ZZ-GE.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

My first thought was the Multiply MAP setting, but that's turned on.What's your fuel pressure doing under boost? Is it climbing as much as it should?

Other notes - a 50% decel fuel amount is usually way too aggressive. We usually use 100% on manual transmissions and 90% on automatics.

Please note that not everyone is going to know what to do with a RAR file; using an unusual compression setup may limit who is going to respond.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

"Please note that not everyone is going to know what to do with a RAR file; using an unusual compression setup may limit who is going to respond."

Yep, that's certainly true for me. If it isn't posted in the easy-to-open native MSQ, MSL, or CSV formats, I don't bother trying to open.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I haven't looked at the msq, but are you possibly running e85 and reqfuel is calculated for gasoline?
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

"Please note that not everyone is going to know what to do with a RAR file; using an unusual compression setup may limit who is going to respond."
Not to mention, we old farts just hate learning new tricks......... :lol:

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

the 2 required fuel numbers don't match. change # squirts till they do, this is what is needed for duty cycle to be reported right when sequential.

also your required fuel is way off if you run e85
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Barton »

Matt Cramer wrote:My first thought was the Multiply MAP setting, but that's turned on.
yes, that was the first thing I checked.

Matt Cramer wrote:What's your fuel pressure doing under boost? Is it climbing as much as it should?
My base pressure i43psi, and it behaves as it should (1:1 with boost)

Matt Cramer wrote:
Other notes - a 50% decel fuel amount is usually way too aggressive. We usually use 100% on manual transmissions and 90% on automatics.
ok, but with that value the afr behave perfectly when I lift the throtle, is there something else than the afr that I should think of?

nathaninwa wrote:I haven't looked at the msq, but are you possibly running e85 and reqfuel is calculated for gasoline?
I'm using 95 octane gasoline for now to check everything is right with 16psi spring, I'll be using c16 later.

ashford wrote:the 2 required fuel numbers don't match. change # squirts till they do, this is what is needed for duty cycle to be reported right when sequential.

also your required fuel is way off if you run e85

the correct Squirts per engine cycle for a sequential 4cyl is 2??
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

"the correct Squirts per engine cycle for a sequential 4cyl is 2??"

Well, I can answer that one, even without seeing your MSQ. Setting "full sequential" for injectors produces one squirt per engine cycle, regardless of what number you put in there.
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Barton »

billr wrote:"the correct Squirts per engine cycle for a sequential 4cyl is 2??"

Well, I can answer that one, even without seeing your MSQ. Setting "full sequential" for injectors produces one squirt per engine cycle, regardless of what number you put in there.
I assume that one squirt was one injector event, so in 720º of the engine cycle occurs 4 injector events (one per injector), when I read your reply I thought I was wrong but I just tried 1 squirt and the TS shows an error, "cannot alternate 4cyl with 1 squirt" why is that?

thank you,
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

Barton wrote:

I assume that one squirt was one injector event, so in 720º of the engine cycle occurs 4 injector events (one per injector), when I read your reply I thought I was wrong but I just tried 1 squirt and the TS shows an error, "cannot alternate 4cyl with 1 squirt" why is that?

thank you,
you could put 2 alternating or 1 simultaneous, it dont really matter when sequential is enabled just so that required fuel=ms box below it

incorporating afr will reduce ve above 14.7 as well
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Barton »

ashford wrote:
Barton wrote:

you could put 2 alternating or 1 simultaneous, it dont really matter when sequential is enabled just so that required fuel=ms box below it

incorporating afr will reduce ve above 14.7 as well

ok, if I select sequential injection, the ms will always inject sequentially right does matter any other option in engine an sequential settings?

the squirts per engine cycle and the injector staging will only affect my req fuel and duty cycle, did I get that right?
ashford
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by ashford »

Barton wrote:

ok, if I select sequential injection, the ms will always inject sequentially right does matter any other option in engine an sequential settings?

the squirts per engine cycle and the injector staging will only affect my req fuel and duty cycle, did I get that right?
squirts per cycle affect nothing running wise when sequential is selected but i remember in the past it affected reported duty cycle, this may or may not have been fixed.
for reference
at 6000rpm 20ms injector time(total for 720*)= 100%dc
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

The settings are weird with sequential; they're both ignored and used, depending on the function in question. Save yourself the hassle and confusion - if you're running full sequential, select 1 squirt simultaneous.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Barton »

Ok, Im using 1 squirt simultaneos, injector dynamics 2200cc, 95 oct gasoline at 20psi and I'm getting 48% (precision 7175)of duty cycle and is this duty right?, I while ago I tuned almost the same engine and got 54% at 26psi (precision 6765) with a set of fic 2150cc injectors and a lot more power. what is wrong?

thanks
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

I would not say that anything is necessarily wrong and 50% DC is not even working them hard. One set of injectors is not going to be the same as the other. Fuel quality, flow and pressure won't be identical on the 2 cars. External conditions there could be a lot of reasons why this set of injectors need a bit more DC. Such big injectors might not be dead on linear all through their range of DC either.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke