Help! attempting first start right now, but...

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Help! attempting first start right now, but...

Post by nathanhardy »

Hoopty5.0 wrote:Another thing if y'all don't mind me keeping this thread going -

I am currently using closed loop idle because it seems to be a little more stable, but when I started the car this morning, the faster warmup idle was not working. Is there anything that i missed? Isn't that the purpose of open loop?
I know you think it works better in closed but if you don't start with open and have it stable there closed will just fight itself with any change in temp or engine operation.. Tune it in open that's all I use and my car has a pretty close factory idle. Check out diyautotune.com tech articles there's is a lot of easy to understand help there!
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
Hoopty5.0
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Help! attempting first start right now, but...

Post by Hoopty5.0 »

nathanhardy wrote:
Hoopty5.0 wrote:Another thing if y'all don't mind me keeping this thread going -

I am currently using closed loop idle because it seems to be a little more stable, but when I started the car this morning, the faster warmup idle was not working. Is there anything that i missed? Isn't that the purpose of open loop?
I know you think it works better in closed but if you don't start with open and have it stable there closed will just fight itself with any change in temp or engine operation.. Tune it in open that's all I use and my car has a pretty close factory idle. Check out diyautotune.com tech articles there's is a lot of easy to understand help there!
Will do, thank you for the tip.