Engine constants

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Engine constants

Post by Dominix »

Hello everybody. I need a little help on the configuration of the standard injection. This problem concerns a 4 stroke engine with 4 cylinders with indirect injection but with 2 injectors for each cylinder (for a total of 8 injectors). So:
1) To set 2 injectors for cylinder I need only to set the number of injectors to 8 and the port injection type to port injection ?
2) If I set 4 squirts / Alternating, this means that each of the 8 injectors spray 2 times in a cycle, right? I.E. injectors of bank 1 spray at 0°, then at 180° spray injectors of bank 2, at 360° again bank 1 and at 540° spray bank 2.
It's right?
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Re: Engine constants

Post by jsmcortina »

The actual injection angle will depend on your tach input method and unless you are using semi-sequential, it is not locked to any particular angle - it will vary on each re-start.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

Ok but basically, with an alternating sequence the injections occur for a single injector or for all the injectors on a bank?
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Alternating Batch injection will be all injectors on bank 1 then all injectors on bank2 and so on. You were correct before saying there will be a 180 degree separation between events for your given example, but the initial starting crank angles are not set in stone. That's why it is also called Untimed Injection.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

Ok thank you very much for yours time.
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

Dominix wrote:Hello everybody. I need a little help on the configuration of the standard injection. This problem concerns a 4 stroke engine with 4 cylinders with indirect injection but with 2 injectors for each cylinder (for a total of 8 injectors). So:
1) To set 2 injectors for cylinder I need only to set the number of injectors to 8 and the port injection type to port injection ?
2) If I set 4 squirts / Alternating, this means that each of the 8 injectors spray 2 times in a cycle, right? I.E. injectors of bank 1 spray at 0°, then at 180° spray injectors of bank 2, at 360° again bank 1 and at 540° spray bank 2.
It's right?
I still have a doubt regard the first question.
Thinking about a single cylinder, I have 2 injectors powered by a single physical connection current power supply. So, each current supply splits for two injectors.
How I have to configure my engine constants?
- I have to set 8 injectors ?
- I have to set 4 injectors and then divide the "required fuel" by 2 ?

Thank you again for your time.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

The two injectors are connected to the same MS injector driver? Then simply add their flow rates together and use that value as a "single large injector" when calculating the "req_fuel" value. Want an example for a single-cylinder? Here is one I am experimenting with: