About warmup enrichment and idle control

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

About warmup enrichment and idle control

Post by Dominix »

Hi everybody, it's me again.
I'd like to know what means "At fully warm (the final row in the table or point on the curve) 100% must be specified" for the warmup enrichment curve. If I put 70 instead of 100 what happens?

Thank you again for your time.
Last edited by Dominix on Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: About warmup enrichment

Post by grom_e30 »

you will have a 30% reduction in the fueling.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

ok but in this way, when will the warm up finish?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

if i remember correct wue will finish at 100 then go back in to wue when it drops below 100.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

Good information ! Thank you very much !
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: About warmup enrichment and idle control

Post by Dominix »

Edit of the title and reply.
I'm reading about the idle control but I don't manage to understand how it works !
I know only that I have an algorith based on a Stepper.
What does "Start Value" mean? -> it's the value for which the stepper is completely open? 300 it's an acceptable value?
What are the differences between "IAC idle cranking steps" or "Idle steps" ? If the engine reachs a temperature for which I don't need other air from the minimum, I have to put 0 as value?

Thank you again for your time.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

cant be a great help as iv never used a stepper iac, but "IAC idle cranking steps" is used to determine how for to open the iac for when the engine is cranking to aid with starting. "Idle steps" is used to adjust how far the iac is open to keep your engine at a stable idle speed.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Post the MSQ and MSL. I'm going to disagree with grom_e30 a bit. I think WUE ends at whatever you have entered in the last row of the WUE table, it isn't tied to 100C/F temperature or 100% of fueling. Note that the hint there only says "99% of engines must use 100", not that other values aren't allowed.
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

It's just that the "WUE" indicator in the TunerStudio dashboard will be lit up all the time if the last value isn't 100%. So, even if the engine is at operating temp, the datalog will says that the engine is still in warm-up stage.

It's still a good idea to set the last value in WUE to 100%. Much easier this way for eveyone (user, troubleshooting, helpers on MS forum, etc).

Sam
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

I have uploaded the tune file.
I still have doubt about the idle but I have seen that, while operating, the green cursor appears and moves only in the "Idle steps".
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

*sigh* Yet another thread where supplying the MSQ at the beginning could have avoided some wasted effort and maybe bogus advice. It looks like this is an MS2 install, and I am not familiar with those TS settings; I can't help much more.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Haven't looked at your msq yet, but did notice that you are running some mighty ancient firmware! :o

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

Dominix wrote:I have uploaded the tune file.
I still have doubt about the idle but I have seen that, while operating, the green cursor appears and moves only in the "Idle steps".
can you elaborate on this? is this with the engine running?
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

grom_e30 wrote:
Dominix wrote:I have uploaded the tune file.
can you elaborate on this? is this with the engine running?
On the engine I work with another tune. The tune uploaded instead is used on a simulator.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

You are posting an MSQ that is different from the one you are actually using, and asking for help with? Maybe I'm just being grumpy this morning, but I think posting a bogus MSQ is even worse than not posting one at all. Why???
Dominix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Dominix »

I can't use the msq on the engine because it's not my engine (it's an aeronautical engine and I can use this msq only when the engine will arrive on the test bench) and because I have a good simulator where I can vary all the variables when I want to vary them.
The engine is working with another msq, in wrong condition (very rich mixture in every conditions).
If you think I have made a injury to all of you, I apologize and thank you the same for your time.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

It's not about upsetting us. Don't worry about that, in spite of my previous "grumpy" post. The concern is that we can't properly help you without real facts.

I'm still real confused as to why the running MSQ can't be posted. Whatever is loaded, or is intended to be loaded, into the ECU for running or a start attempt is what I (we?) want to see. If there is no such MSQ available, then that is your primary problem, you have to have something; it won't ever run without an MSQ to load.