Wideband O2 sensor / controller recommendation

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Subaru_EA82_4EAT_AWD
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Wideband O2 sensor / controller recommendation

Post by Subaru_EA82_4EAT_AWD »

Hi, I'm just getting my shopping list for my uS/MS2/MS3 install underway and I think the first thing I will sort out is a wideband sensor and controller,

I don't need a gauge, But I want the sensor to be permanently installed, not just put it in for tuning.

I started this thread a while ago asking about the ASPX, which sounded good to me, being so small and could be put in a ECU case : http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 34&t=60992 But some other members had some interesting things to say, even about the innovate products, so I'm hoping I can get a larger scope of opinions on people's experience with different products.

thanks in advance.
Want a neat way to Check & Set Ignition timing AND CRANK the motor at the same time BY YOURSELF?
A little thing I made up... https://youtu.be/PajlPNF5mmQ
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Wideband O2 sensor / controller recommendation

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
Dennis930
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Wideband O2 sensor / controller recommendation

Post by Dennis930 »

Take a look at ALM. They offer a single board option where you need to provide 5VDC to power it, then hook up the necessary leads for the WB sensor. It will support the LSU 4.9 sensor. The controller is based on the Bosch WB controller chip. There is an option for either CAN output or 0-5 VDC signal output, but I don't believe their CAN proto call is compatible with MS. I am using their ALM LSU-ADV controller and LSU Advanced sensor (next step up from the LSU 4.9 sensor). The output signal is very steady (I have the filter set to 100% in TS) and it reacts very quickly to changing AFR changes.
Porsche 930 3.0 Slantnose
MS3/MS3X Sequential Injection & Spark, MS Knock, Dual plug, LS2 coils, Siemens 55 lb/hr HiZ injectors, ALM-ADV Wide Band,
Carrera Intake, Extrude honed, Ford 70mm Throttlebody, GTX3071R Turbo