Ls 5.3 tune

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mrmooney
MS/Extra Newbie

Ls 5.3 tune

Post by mrmooney »

Can someone take a look at the tune file and log and help me out. I cannot get AFRs to move at all. Gauge reads full lean ( when you let off it goes full rich so I assume wideband is good ) it's a 5.3 LS turbo deal. Running MS3X 3.57 board running in wasted spark for now ( having an issue with it have another post about a coil driver issue ) At idle leaning it way out or richening it ay up makes no difference but eventually it will die. I have a short down pipe out the side of fender so wideband is pretty close to turbo which I know is not ideal. It's about 3 inches from the ex opening. Tried using auto tune and it adds so much fuel it will just die. I know all 8 cylinders are firing. I am new to tuning so any help would be great. I am running E85 using a gas scale. Input numbers from wideband sheet into tuner studio.

4232016tune.msq
2016-04-23_14.35.21.zip
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ls 5.3 tune

Post by Matt Cramer »

What sort of O2 sensor are you using?

Does the O2 signal respond properly if you test it on a Stim?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
mrmooney
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Ls 5.3 tune

Post by mrmooney »

Weird issue and I confirmed with neighbors rig ( he's running a gold box ) must be some kind of bug in the software!

We switched it from stepper 4/6 wire to on off valve under idle control and it somehow changes something in megasquirt. Both widebands stopped working. reload tune cycled key tried 3 or 4 different tune file ( saved before changing idle type ) still nothing. Re-flashed firmware WITHOUT preserving the tune/ calibration settings then reload tune when it's back up and running wide band working! I know that doesn't make any sense but it happen to mine ( Ms3x box ) and his gold box. If we wouldn't have changed his I would still be chasing my tail lol.
Re-flashed both boxes and both widebands are reading and running great. What could it have changed in the tune or configurations I have no idea but it changes something.

We are both running AEM 30-4110 widebands. Has anyone else had this issue using these widebands and changing the idle type.