newbie to tunning

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

88 mustang gt
MS/Extra Newbie

newbie to tunning

Post by 88 mustang gt »

Ok, First off I am a automotive and diesel tech. But this is way beyond what I deal with. Although I work with a laptop I have set parameters and have to find problems that are causing it to go outside of those Parameters. I also have not used most of the terminology used in tuning. I figured I would have a little trouble but I'm not doing so well here any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in CT. and I am using an MS3. Thank you in advance. :msq:
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: newbie to tunning

Post by turbo conversion »

What issues are you having?

David
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: newbie to tunning

Post by Matt Cramer »

To get a copy of the MSQ (tune) file, connect to the ECU with TunerStudio and go to File -> Save Tune As. To get a data log, go to the Data Logging menu and click Start Logging. You will be prompted for a file name. The log starts when you save the file (this is an easy one to get tripped up on as a lot of people expect saving the file to be what you do at the end of the log). Once you have recorded what you need, go to the Data Logging Menu and click Stop.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X