4age Locost dies after throttle blip

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Gre3D
MS/Extra Newbie

4age Locost dies after throttle blip

Post by Gre3D »

Hello Guys,

i'm not new to megasquirt but i can't say i understand everything off the whole system but i'm trying,
i'm running an ms1 on a locost with a toyota 4-Age engine on KMS itb's

since a little while i noticed that every time i push the gas pedal in neutral (to 2000 or 7000rpm, problem is always the same) when the revs drop, they drop so high that the engine stalls,
if before it reaches the idle rpms when the rpms are falling down i press the accelerator just a little bit doesn't die on me.
when i rev it and gently let go of the accelerator it doesn't happen
this is particulary annoying when staging for the start or when manoeuvring around the car park.
it's feels as if the injectors are being shut down and need to be awoken by another light throttle blip
the car is normally idling around 1200rpm @ 14'ish AFR's
it made the VE higher at rpm's lower than idle and rising MAP which improved it a bit. but the problem is still there.

the AFR's in the datalog might be a bit off since i've just rteplaced the injectors with bigger ones and haven had the opportunity to tune it but the problem is the same now as it was with the smaller injectors

anyone around here who can help me out please?
kindest regards,
Frederik
martinhoj
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 4age Locost dies after throttle blip

Post by martinhoj »

Try to set ignition table to 800 in the first row.
then give it 20 degrees in that row.
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by slow_hemi6 »

Change decell fuel amount from 30% up to 95 or 100% and see if that helps.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Also try setting your overrun to 2500 instead of 2000.
But I think the suggestion above about more timing and possibly more fuel in a 800rpm would be good.
Normally best to have a rpm column below idle that is more fuel and timing than the idle rpm (1200 in your case?).
This makes the engine really strong at low rpms and less prone to stalling.
Or in other words, slightly detune the idle rpm advance, which gives you headroom to run more advance below idle rpm. May need to feed slightly more air at idle to make up for the lower idle rpm advance.
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

Diy auto tune.com has a great article on how to get a stable idle under tech I'd read all those it helps a ton
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
Gre3D
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Gre3D »

slow hemi's comment did the trick :-)

it now drops slower in revs and pops a bit more in the exhaust but it doesn't die on me nymore! ^^
i'll fidle around with it a bit more when i get the time. problem is that i cant drive it on the road and that i dont have somewhere i can go on a regular basis for test drives. but i'll manage! thanks a lot guys! greatly appreciated!