what manual? and other questions.

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dusterbd13
MS/Extra Newbie

what manual? and other questions.

Post by dusterbd13 »

so, my ms2 3.57 starts and idles very poorly and doesn't really rev at all. but the d*** thing runs!!!!

now its time to start tuning.

what documentation do I need? I found this that is very helpful and easy to understand, but don't want to be working off incorrect documentation. http://www.megamanual.com/ms2/tune.htm

are there any other good write ups on step by step tuning for blithering idiots?

I have the free version of tunerstudio at the moment, and want to get the registered version for autotune. will this cause any problems for me? any other programs I need?

anybody near charlotte NC that wants to come hold my hand and spoon feed me information in exchange for food and beverages? this whole computer thing is a steep learning curve for me.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: what manual? and other questions.

Post by grom_e30 »

what firmware are you running? if its the ms2 extra use the manuals at the top of the page by 'quick links'
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
dusterbd13
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dusterbd13 »

I'm running msextra I believe. purchased from diyautotune with firmware already loaded.
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

If you purchased the ecu from diyautotune then it will have the latest msextra version code installed in it at the time you purchased it, simply go to the links at the top of this page and go to the ms2 manuals, one will be hardware the other will be set up and tuning. choose the setup and tuning and use this as your guide to the wonders that is megasquirt.
Good Luck.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.