Ignition map or fuel issue?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Karathos
MS/Extra Newbie

Ignition map or fuel issue?

Post by Karathos »

Ive been trying to work out my power issue lately. It seems that once I get into high boost. (20-21lb area) the car is extremely lacking power. I know I am new to the whole tuning thing and I have been reading my face off.

The car Is a 91 Ford Probe with a 2.2 F2T engine, 660 EV14 injectors, 50/63 t3t4, 3 inch exhaust and an external wastegate with a 11lb spring.

I'm thinking the issue is in my ignition map. So I'm hoping you guys can help me get this thing figured out.

The Data log is a few days old. If needed I can get a new one.

I'm using a MS2 V3.0, running spark off of the gear in the cam which is basically a 24-2 wheel that I have the car seeing as a crank wheel. Stock coil
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ignition map or fuel issue?

Post by Matt Cramer »

The fueling looks spot on.

It also appears to have a rather undersized intercooler - have a look at the MAT readings.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Karathos
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Karathos »

I'm glad to hear the fuel looks good. The intercooler is 9x18x2.5". I'm pretty limited on space, so I'll have to look into that issue. Does the timing map look decent? I was thinking it might not be scaled correctly or something
strain
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by strain »

For me the fueling its a bit fat but if your wideband reads well then this its not the lack of power issue...BUT! you accel enrichment it's way off, I recomends you disable and star with short pulses (your end pulswith it's your issue I recomends 0) The other issue i saw its the latency in the spark, Why put a number there? have you issues with your latency?. And finally the ignition table looks a bit too advanced at boost, I recomends you to start from retarded values (maybe 10 degrees) and add 1 degree at a time. The MAT reading its a bit high but you need to check the MAT-retard ignition table for undesireble retard.
Sorry for my english,
I hope it helps,
Karathos
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Karathos »

Ok so that was a lot of info I don't understand yet, Spark latency I don't think was meant to be set at 1. Must have been a mess up. So I fixed that. On the accel enrichment, I thought it was off, then I noticed the time based enrich window. What should I set to zero it, and how should I go about adjusting it? Like I said I'm new.

May retard I dropped a bit, I was at 2 degrees at 200, my car runs a constant 195 so I'm sure that was an isssue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
strain
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by strain »

If you don´t have the issue that the timming advance when the rpm goes up then the latency put it in 0. About the accel enrichment start with zero end pulsewith and tapper and 0.2 the "accel time" and see how it goes, if you need more fuel then modify the values of tpsdot and pulsewith to an a upper number, the "accel time" use it like an a "fine tunning" after found your best pulswith for each tpsdot value. I don't understand well what you mean about the retard ignition.
p.d.: Have you check you timming with a timming light?
Best regards,
Strain
Karathos
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Karathos »

That may retard was MAT retard, my typo. Yes timing is dead on. I'll give it a shot and start adjusting it. Thank you again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk