What type of IAC is this?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

What type of IAC is this?

Post by nathanhardy »

So in the persute of fixing some issue one being a boost leak from a poorly designed iac open to atmosphere I have the option to run a ford iac off the throttle body promblem is I don't have room for the 5.0 style so found this off of a 95 ford contour 4 cyl. But I can't find any info and I've tried on my pwm circuit with no like.. If I hook powerful from a battery's can hear it open but that doesn't really help since my old one does that too! If someone knows if it's just a off on valve please let me know or if they have settings for it Ive tried every freq. as well as inverted and al duty cycles.
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: What type of IAC is this?

Post by nathanhardy »

Thanks
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I think that late they were all pwm motors. Check polarity, most ford motors will have a diode And it's been my experience that some motors don't test well but work great on the car once there is manifold vacuum against it. Which brings up a question, is the valve plumbed correctly? There are 3 types of motors and each are air direction dependent
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathanhardy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by nathanhardy »

It's not plumbed correctly it needs to be flipped according to a picture I saw.. But what's weird is that I can not get it to work in test mode. I even trying hooking up a injector noide and couldn't get it to blink. So I know I hooked it up to the wrong polarity do you think it toasted my pwm relay on the board or could having two diodes be messing with it one in the valve and one in my wiring for the old Bosch valve be causing a problem. Anyway to test the pwm so I can make so before I replace the TIP? I did plug the old one back in and I know it was working this morning but not know I have power just no ground.
98 VW golf gti vr6 turbo 8:5:1 cr ported and polished full ferrea race valves train 276 cams custom short runner intake Borge 366 sx-e turbo forge wossner pistons, balanced rotating mass, limited slip 6 speed deka 750Lbs injectors on ms3pro completed AWD swap
Brian
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Brian »

Do you mean PWM transistor? If you're running a relay, you can't PWM a relay and expect it to PWM the output. It'll either latch or not.
65 Cobra replica, 427W, MS2
71 Vette, 383 with shitty chinese 8 stack and no dizzy