PWM Idle Duty - No Idle at High MAT

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

skibby
MS/Extra Newbie

PWM Idle Duty - No Idle at High MAT

Post by skibby »

Hey Tuner's,

i have a '88 VW Polo with 1,3L G40 Engine und Borg Warner KKK04-15. Original had the Polo one Idle screw to setting the rpm. This works, but not so good. So i had build to the Idle valve from the Golf MK2.
The Warmup works perfect. When you drive and the air intake temperature is between 20-30° (C°), you can close the throttle, the rpm falls down hang for 0.1sec at 1100rpm und the Closed Loop PID set the rpm down to 980rpm.

But when the air temperatur is going high (over 35°) the idle valve will fail. When you close the throttle at high air intake temperature the rpm falls down to 300-500rpm an the engine is off. When the engine start with hot air intake the Valve have an PWM Duty at 23.5-24.1 - The AFR is lean but the engine runs. When you lifted the throttle at these tempature, the PWM duty have only 22,7. I Think that is to small. But everything that i set up in the closed-Loop initial Value table change nothing. As if the initial table is only used if PID is active.

I doesn't find any solution in the tunerstudio to set this PWM Idle Duty higher when the air intake temperature ist high. Is the an error in the Firmware?! Firmware ist 3.4.0
At Attachment the msq and log with engine Start / Idle und one gas shock.

I hope that you understand me. Greets from germany
skibby