VEAL Tunerstudio and Megalogviewer concurrent usage

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

newman180
MS/Extra Newbie

VEAL Tunerstudio and Megalogviewer concurrent usage

Post by newman180 »

I just got back from a dyno session for my 302 to try and set the VE table. I was running Autotune within Tunerstudio on Normal mode and loading the engine at different rpm with a Dynapack. (Made 275 rwhp with nothing more than a cam and gt40p heads)

I was datalogging at the time and tonight I opened up megalogviewer. For fun, I ran VEAnalyze and I was surprised that it made some changes within +/-5 fuel points.

Is this accurate? Does the log, that's constantly being adjusted by VEAL within tunerstudio, give megalogviewer a false reading and thus it suggests incorrect fuel maps?

IF this is ok and a correct process, how do I merge multiple logs into one ve analyze?
*The main areas MegaLogViewer made changes were not in the path of WOT dyno pulls.

Thanks!
newman180
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: VEAL Tunerstudio and Megalogviewer concurrent usage

Post by newman180 »

If I run through every log (9 total) and perform a megalog ve analyze on each (compounding, one after the other on the same fuel map) this is the difference I get (left image being the latest map from Dyno and right after megalog viewer made adjustments)

In my mind this is the incorrect way of doing it since megalogviewer is seeing the afr change rapidly because VEAL was doing work, BUT it doesn't actually know that and is also trying to change to match afr values.
Please let me know your thoughts.