0-5v Input for Dry Nitrous

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

fj1289
Helpful MS/Extra'er

0-5v Input for Dry Nitrous

Post by fj1289 »

I am researching possibilities to improve the nitrous setup on a 4 cylinder motorcycle used primarily for landspeed racing (plus some dragstrip use). The engine makes about 100 HP NA and we added 150 HP shot of dry nitrous this year. We ran a microsquirt and used the two stages of nitrous to add fuel in a crude attempt to match the nitrous output from a progressive controller. We were very successful until a missed shift caused the nitrous controller and the microsquirt to restart the nitrous routines mid run and a mismatch in their setups caused a bad leanout and took out the #4 cylinder.

The plan for next year is to step up to 200-250 HP shot of nitrous.

One possible option is using a nitrous controller that includes a 0-5v output based on the percentage of nitrous being delivered. Is it possible to utilize this input to add the appropriate amount of fuel?

My first thought is use A-N for VE1. Then use the 0-5v input as a "MAP" input for VE2 setup as SD and combine the tables. (I'm assuming I would have to setup the current MAP sensor to be used as a constant baro sensor if I'd want altitude compensation).

Is this idea of combining tables feasible? If so, would Secondary Additive Table or Secondary Multiplicative Table be a better scheme to use?

Or, is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Chris