Erratic a/f on bank 1

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

MorrisBMT
MS/Extra Newbie

Erratic a/f on bank 1

Post by MorrisBMT »

Whats going on everyone, I'm having an issue with air/fuel variances between bank 1 and 2. Setup is LQ4 (bone stock long block) with ICT intake manifold/102mm tb/fuel rail package, those cheapo $160 exhaust manifolds from ICT, T4 S475 divided housing and dual 44mm tial gates, aeromotive 1000 pump and regulator with pre and after filters, -8an feed -6an retun. finished with the microsquirt ls plug and play package with sloppy mechanics start up tune 24x(ecu, harness, injectors, map and iat). Now, with my innovate dlg-1 I'm reading fairly equal ratios on both banks 80% of the time. The problem happens mostly during initial acceleration from whatever present throttle position you may be at and every few seconds or so at idle. Sensor B (bank2) stays consistant throughout any rpm, tps, psi. Sensor A (bank1) will "blip" lean and during a slightly to moderate acceleration, it will basically backfire then clear up. On idle it will also fluctuate at random. No adjustments anywhere will correct this issue. Anybody ever encounter this? Im thinking a bad/defective injector but I'm open for opinions. I will post a log tomorrow when I take a short and simple log to make things easier, otherwise any input at the moment is appreciated, thanks in advance.
MustangMike
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Erratic a/f on bank 1

Post by MustangMike »

Swapping your injectors side to side might be the easiest troubleshooting step to start with. Try the simple things first, seems like they are the issue most of the time.
MS-III 3.0, MS3x
65 Cobra Daytona FFR, Terminator 4.6 4v, TKO 600