Innovate MTX-L wideband settings

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

BigBlockMopar
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Innovate MTX-L wideband settings

Post by BigBlockMopar »

For me changing ground-position of the MTX-L didn't solve the glitch and E8-error issues it had.
It did change the value a bit shown on the gauge compared to the MS3X.
Will probably change it back to battery again

I did however fix the E8 errorcode by simply adding a 3" aluminium disc between the O2 sensor and the exhaust bung.
It used to be the MTX-L gauge went into E8 error after few minutes of driving, or after a good acceleration.
Now I can drive all day without the error popping up.
To me that tells me the sensor simply got too hot during operation.
Daily driver: 1973 Dodge Dart - 360ci engine - 11.3:1cr - MS3x - ignition only. 42RH/A500 OD+LU transmission / 3.23 gears
--------------
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BigBlockMopar
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

BigBlockMopar wrote:For me changing ground-position of the MTX-L didn't solve the glitch and E8-error issues it had.
It did change the value a bit shown on the gauge compared to the MS3X.
Will probably change it back to battery again

I did however fix the E8 errorcode by simply adding a 3" aluminium disc between the O2 sensor and the exhaust bung.
It used to be the MTX-L gauge went into E8 error after few minutes of driving, or after a good acceleration.
Now I can drive all day without the error popping up.
To me that tells me the sensor simply got too hot during operation.

That is an interesting idea with the discs between the sensor and the bung.
Did you follow the instructions in the MTX-L installation guide to a T. When I was mounting mine I did struggle with the depth in the pipe a bit as the directions were telling me to mount the bung flush to the pipe (the O2 sensor lines up flush with the inside diameter of the exhaust pipe) and all the other research were telling me to bury the bung half way into the pipe.
I eventually decided to follow the directions with the idea that if it did not work I can call the company. I have not had any heat related problems yet.

Will
BigBlockMopar
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by BigBlockMopar »

I used the deep bung so the sensor doesn't protrude into the pipe.

But I spoke a little too soon about not having the E8-code. Just tonight, after a week of 'error-free' driving, the error appeared on the gauge again after a good acceleration run.
The disc might just not provide enough cooling for the sensor to remain error-free under all conditions.
Daily driver: 1973 Dodge Dart - 360ci engine - 11.3:1cr - MS3x - ignition only. 42RH/A500 OD+LU transmission / 3.23 gears
--------------
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BigBlockMopar
kikkegek
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kikkegek »

benckj wrote:I run the same gauge and sensor which was out by approx 1 point in TS. My Tuner hAd same offset and recommended to change lower cal figure from 7.4 to 6.3 and now TS matches across range as well as with dyno O2.

Jim
thanks for this tip. Glad I found it. I also had about a 0.5 AFR difference between TS and the MTX-L gauge. I adjusted my lower value in TS by 0.9 like you said and the AFRs now seem to be very close. Although TS seems a little slow compared to the gauge?
my project page, BBC 454 with LPG vapour injection:
my BBC 454 LPG vapour injection tuning story 8)

my Facebook projectpage:
My 1977 GMC C15 Suburban "Storm" 8)
benckj
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by benckj »

Glad the cal data worked for you. I’ve been running for several years now with the only issue being a sensor failure. Believe the fail is due to sensor being shut off when turbo timer kicks in for 30s cool down phase.Against expert advice I ordered another ‘genuine’ Bosch LS sensor from AliExpress for around $30USD delivered. Calibrated it then installed and it’s benn spot on and stable ever since.
Toyota MR2 98 3sgte
MSPNP2 with 3.57 mainboard
Innovate WB O2 & soon to be external GM 3 bar MAP
FTDI USB interface on SD Android 5.1 head unit
TD05SL2-18g with external WG
HKS EBC running 17psi boost.
A2W IC with WI 50/50 meth/water