Cam speed only 6 cylinder 24-1

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mafoose
MS/Extra Newbie

Cam speed only 6 cylinder 24-1

Post by mafoose »

Hi,
I've installed MS2 on my 7mgte using a 24-1 cam speed sensor. The car runs but I'm trying to go "by the book" and setup the missing tooth trigger angle.

I know on a 36-1 crank speed 6 cylinder, the missing tooth should be 50* from the sensor. Since the cam moves at half speed, should I be setting it to 100*? And is this supposed to be 100* mechanically? Right now my sensor is setup so that in the wheel decoder I have 25* as my #1 tooth and timing is dead on. Should I move the sensor a couple of teeth as to put in 50* in software, or 100*?
Zs, BMWs, Volvo, and a Supra on MS
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Cam speed only 6 cylinder 24-1

Post by billr »

If it already starts and runs, then put aside "the book" and use a timing-light to get timing exact. A simple timing-light is recommended, less chance of confusion.
mafoose
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by mafoose »

The timing is correct. I'm trying to make sure the missing tooth is not by a compression stroke to make sure it doesn't get missed.
Zs, BMWs, Volvo, and a Supra on MS
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Post a tooth-log for us to discuss, showing both cranking and running. The tooth-log is the easiest way to tell what effect compression is having on the CKP signal.