Help with VE table. too rich

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

VB242
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Help with VE table. too rich

Post by VB242 »

So redid the pullup resistor with a small improvement to idle but no improvement on acceleration, I soldered the connections instead of using crimp connectors with no improvement either. It still won't rev over 1500 roms, Do I need to build a different Hall conditioning circuit? I've attached the logs from today and the current tune.
VB242
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by VB242 »

Spark is definitely breaking down, I put the timing light on the coil wire and the positive lead to the coil and it's losing spark when I try to rev the engine. I have 12v going to the Hall sensor, I have the1v to the pullup resistor on the signal wire which is attached to the red wire coming out of VR- and I have the shielded ground for the Hall and the sheld wire from VR- going to the Microsquirt sensor ground. This is super frustrating, should I be sending 5V from the Vref out to the Hall sensor? It was 12v feed when it was hooked up to the Bosch EZK unit.
VB242
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by VB242 »

Ok so it's running ok under 0 psi but not taking boost smoothly and bogging under full throttle. VEanalyze keeps putting values in bigger than 255. I'm running Ford Brown top injectors at 60psi, should be 468cc/min. At best I see 9-10 psi with the MBC set to 15. Here is the datalog from this morning and the tune it was running.
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

Neither of the files in you last post appear to contain any data. Just me?????

Ken

EDIT: Yep, it was just me. Apologies for the false start....................
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Any chance it's running out of fuel pump and adding more pulse width to compensate?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
VB242
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by VB242 »

So with some advice from a Turbobricks member Bobxyz, I turned off incorporateAFR and got VE autotune to work better but now it seems like I'm running out of injector. Here's the log file and what autotune came up with from a short drive this evening. Do I just need bigger injectors or is there something else going on? It's running better than it ever has since I installed the Microsquirt but still not what it was doing with the factory computers. I think I''m going to pull the trigger on some Siemens 80lb/hr injectors and be done with it.