Base Start up Map needed

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Base Start up Map needed

Post by 1scottyk »

Hello.I am new to this and I need help. I have a Mazda B2200 with a 1990 probe 2.2 turbo engine in it. Im running a MS2 3.57 ,ms2extra 3.4.2. The engine is stock with the factory distributor and MAF removed.I am using a Ford EDIS to handle my ignition, and GM air and water temp sensors. I have installed a innovate mxt-l wideband on it also. I did find a start up map on the DIY website. Not sure if the settings are correct. I know to change the ignition to EDIS and the norrow band to wide band. The engine size to 2200cc and injector size to 330cc. Not sure if anything alse is correct/accurate. I am using Tuner studio lite. Any help would be greatly appericated to get this thing to start and idle..
Thanks Scott
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Base Start up Map needed

Post by ironwill11 »

1scottyk wrote:Hello.I am new to this and I need help. I have a Mazda B2200 with a 1990 probe 2.2 turbo engine in it. Im running a MS2 3.57 ,ms2extra 3.4.2. The engine is stock with the factory distributor and MAF removed.I am using a Ford EDIS to handle my ignition, and GM air and water temp sensors. I have installed a innovate mxt-l wideband on it also. I did find a start up map on the DIY website. Not sure if the settings are correct. I know to change the ignition to EDIS and the norrow band to wide band. The engine size to 2200cc and injector size to 330cc. Not sure if anything alse is correct/accurate. I am using Tuner studio lite. Any help would be greatly appericated to get this thing to start and idle..
Thanks Scott
Scott,

Which wideband settings are you using? There have been other threads on here about the innovate MTX-L and it was discovered that it is best to use the custom wide band settings as there is usually a difference between TS and the MTX-L. Normally you have to adjust the low voltage to get them to read the same.

Which GM map sensor are you using? I have a GM motor and chose to use the MAP sensor that came with my MS2 3.0.

Will
1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1scottyk »

I am using the map sensor (MPX4250AP) that came with the MS2 3.57 . My settings for the MTX-l is 0v = 7.35:1 AFR, and 5v=22.39 AFR
Thanks Scott
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

1scottyk wrote:I am using the map sensor (MPX4250AP) that came with the MS2 3.57 . My settings for the MTX-l is 0v = 7.35:1 AFR, and 5v=22.39 AFR
Thanks Scott
What happens when you try to start it? What type of injection are you using?

Will
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

1scottyk wrote:My settings for the MTX-l is 0v = 7.35:1 AFR, and 5v=22.39 AFR
Thanks Scott
My settings in order to get TS to match the MTX-L are 0v - 6.8 and my 5v is the same as yours.

Will
1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1scottyk »

I dident try to start it yet. I wanted to get all my settings close as possible. I am using the factory injectors high impedance.
Thanks Scott
1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1scottyk »

Here is where I am at so far..
Scott
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

1scottyk wrote:Here is where I am at so far..
Scott
Seems like you are using batch fire injection? What kind of efi do you have on there?

Will
1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1scottyk »

Yes, using batch injection, Speed density, EDIS ignition, Single throttle body,Ford TPS,Ford IAC valve. 2 injectors on bank 1 and 2 injectors on bank 2, wired like the megasquirt diagram. Not sure if i quite understand your question.
Thanks Scott
ironwill11
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by ironwill11 »

Sounds like you are running a throttle body injection system??? Have you tried starting it yet? Why not?
1scottyk
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by 1scottyk »

Its port injection. Just buttoning stuff up. think it will start????
Thanks again Scott