Table Switching via CAN?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

litneon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Table Switching via CAN?

Post by litneon »

So back to my original question...

Is it possible to switch maps via data from the CANbus? Can I use info that is in the network (Lockup on/off) to switch it?

If the answer is no, can the code be changed easily to do so?

If not, I'll just add a relay and use the table switch input and live with it. I work with PLC's all day controlling all kinds of processes. If the data is on the network, we can use it for any of the process inputs.

If I didn't state it before, this is my daily driver, which is the only reason I want to get better mileage. If it were just a weekend project car, I likely wouldn't care... :D
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

litneon wrote:If not, I'll just add a relay and use the table switch input and live with it.
You must have a switch of some sort in order to drive the relay. If CAN isn't co-operating, why not just run a wire from the switch back to the Table Switch pin?
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
litneon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by litneon »

I get that. I would use the output for lockup directly from the MS2 controller to drive the relay. But as my original question stated, if I can do it with internal information, why complicate things by doing a hardware switch?

I've tried James' suggestion of increasing the number of break points between 80 and 90 kpa, but I'll try it again.
litneon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by litneon »

Quick update:

I added breakpoints every 2 kPa between 80 and 90 kPa and retuned. While I haven't driven it on the highway yet, it seems that it handles those areas much better now.

But, in addition, I updated my firmware to 1.5 and have now lost communications between the MS3x and the MS2 trans controller, so shift points are off. For some reason, the MS2 isn't seeing the TPS date (it appears), and it shifts at the same speeds now, regardless of TPS.

I started a thread in the MS3 area to try and fix this. Hopefully it's just a setting toggled wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
litneon
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by litneon »

OK... Another update. Took it out to datalog the com issue, and now everything is fine. I didn't do anything since last night, so I must have had a visit from the MS elves who have fixed everything. :D