VE analyze filtering

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

svocapri
Helpful MS/Extra'er

VE analyze filtering

Post by svocapri »

In preparation for enabling and tuning Enhanced Acceleration Enrichment, I am trying to remove the influence of my wet flow manifold from my VE table. If I had access to a load dyno, I would run the engine at each cell in the VE table while adjusting the VE until I got the AFR reading commanded by the AFR table. Once I had a properly tuned VE table I would assume any deviation from commanded AFR would be a result of wall wetting and adjust EAE accordingly.

Since I don't have access to a load dyno I am trying to filter my logs so that only the datapoints which have not been influenced by MAP transitions are used to adjust the VE table. An example of where I have seen TAL be influenced by MAP transitions is this. While running Tune Analyze Live, If I lift the throttle after heavy acceleration TAL will reduce the VE of the cells at the bottom of the table I think due to the fuel being sucked from the walls of the manifold. If I subsequently get the engine to stabilize on some of those low load cells by letting off the throttle while going downhill, TAL will increase the VE that it just decreased because the engine is now too lean.

The filter that I have come up with is supposed to look at the last 10 log entries and if the cumulative change of the last 10 map entries is greater than 2 KPA then that datapoint is ignored. Here is the filter I am using for VE analyze in Mega Log Viewer.

Code: Select all

abs([MAP]-[MAP-1])+abs([MAP-1]-[MAP-2])+abs([MAP-2]-[MAP-3])+abs([MAP-3]-[MAP-4])+abs([MAP-4]-[MAP-5])+abs([MAP-5]-[MAP-6])+abs([MAP-6]-[MAP-7])+abs([MAP-7]-[MAP-8])+abs([MAP-8]-[MAP-9])+abs([MAP-9]-[MAP-10])>2
Can someone tell me first if my assumptions about tuning the VE table and EAE are correct of if I am off base, and also if my filter is doing what I think it is.

Also, Is it possible to create a similar filter for Tune Analyze Live? I can't seem to figure out how to make a filter that TAL will accept.

Thanks,
Julian Weber