Fuel Only

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

zrx1200r
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Fuel Only

Post by zrx1200r »

Hello again everyone,

I appreciate all the help on my no spark situation that I was having before. I got spark, then I lost it again due to what I believe is a bad quadspark. Signal is coming out of Microsquirt but it doesn't reacy the coils. So for now, I'm going to run fuel only till I can get the spark situation figured out.

There is a million conflicting diagrams, statements, suggestions, etc on how to hook up the Microsquirt V3 for fuel only.

What I'm trying to figure out is what wire do I use to get a tach signal on the microsquirt? I know where to get a tach signal from, I just dont know what wire to hook it up to. I've read something about Opto - to 12v opto + to tach signal, etc etc etc, diodes, resisters, etc etc.

Can someone just lay it out simple so I can get this thing running.

I appreciate all the help
Eric
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Fuel Only

Post by grom_e30 »

where are you getting the tach signal from?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
zrx1200r
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by zrx1200r »

Im going to get it from the tach output on my factory ignition computer

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

ok i had that though to try that in the past, it will more than likely be a 12v or 5v square wave so treat the signal like its a hall sensor id use the vr input see here: http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/Mic ... .4-51.html you may or may not need the pull up resistor
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
zrx1200r
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by zrx1200r »

Cool, ill give that a try and post back later today

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Moody
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Moody »

Hey Eric,

I copied the email from Matt @ diyautotune on how he advised to wire for fuel only. I followed it and it worked.

"In this case, I'd set the MicroSquirt spark mode to fuel only, wire Opto In + to the ignition box tach output, and Opto In - to sensor ground.

Thanks,

Matt Cramer
DIYAutoTune.com support"