Bog in 3rd Gear

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

pjkinsella
MS/Extra Newbie

Bog in 3rd Gear

Post by pjkinsella »

Hey guys,

Attached is my cal file and a screenshot of the datalog (datalog was too big to upload). The area of interest is between 53 and 54s. I doing some "spirited" accelerating in 2nd gear I believe, and then shifted to 3rd and hit the accelerator to no avail. It just did nothing. The datalog seems to show this too. I'm still new to this, but I find I odd that I'm at about 50% TPS, with very low MAP reading, very very low PW, and high AFR.

I don't think this is the first time this has happened. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

1998 Dodge Viper GTS running a newly installed MS3Pro.
Current Project: 1998 Dodge Viper GTS
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Bog in 3rd Gear

Post by pit_celica »

I would suspect the MAP tube that get stuck pinched after a high vacuum event. It makes no sense for the MAP to be in vacuum if you have TPS > 50%. Verify the plumbing between the intakle manifold and the MAP sensor.

Sam
pjkinsella
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Bog in 3rd Gear

Post by pjkinsella »

pit_celica wrote:I would suspect the MAP tube that get stuck pinched after a high vacuum event. It makes no sense for the MAP to be in vacuum if you have TPS > 50%. Verify the plumbing between the intakle manifold and the MAP sensor.

Sam
You spoke exactly to what I was thinking myself. Something I noticed but didn't really pay attention to is that there's something inline with the MAP tube. I think it's a check valve. Is there a reason to have that? I'm wondering if it is sticking intermittently.
Current Project: 1998 Dodge Viper GTS