Why CL Idle is disabled?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Why CL Idle is disabled?

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,

maybe a quick question, but maybe i've overlooked something. Can someone explain me why the CL Idle is disabled at 5.906sec and 12.703sec.?!?

Thanks
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Why CL Idle is disabled?

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,
nobody an idea why CL idle is disables in the measurement?
Took a look in the code and did not find any clue.
Maybe some rpmdot spike in between the two measurement points?!?
Honda CRX B16A1 Turbo | MS3 running | pre1.5.1 beta7 Firmware | 24/1 Dual Wheel | COP ignition | 725cc ID injectors
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

Do you have a nice OL idle yet? My perception is that it is difficult to tune CL until the OL is very good.
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

OL idle is fine and until a few day's i did not had the CL Idle disable issue.
Maybe PID Parameters and Pre control idle duty is a bit off due to some throttle adjustments some time ago, but as saied, it did not made any problems until today with the same settings.

What is a bit strange, that i don't understand the reason for the status2 to go from 128 (CL Idle on) to 0 (CL Idle off)... i can't see any threshold (most likely rpmdot because throttle is closed) triggered in the measurement, but still status2 changes to CL idle off state.

Just want to understand what caused the CL disableing.
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo conversion »

I don't see where CL idle is disabled in the log, duty cycle never goes below 36.5.

I do see a lot of oscillation even when the duty cycle is unchanged, this should not be happening.

I would suggest turning off CL idle and try warm up only and see what kind of idle you have.

If is is not stable you need to get a stable idle before trying CL idle.

I also noticed when it is oscillating afr swings from 13.803 to 15.993, this needs to be addressed.

David

EDIT: I would turn off ego correction at idle and adaptive idle for now also
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
mrx79
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by mrx79 »

Hi,

idle duty is not 0% this is true, i guess the engine speed increase comes from deactivating of idle advance function, not the idle air supply.
Please watch status2.bit7 (128dec) there you can see the toggeling of CL Idle.

again, i can finetune everything, but i would like to understand which parameter caused the toggeling, because i assume it should not have happened with the calibration. Independently of the fact that there might be some finetuning necessary.