Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

thomas r
MS/Extra Newbie

bad cam signal

Post by thomas r »

Hi everyone :D ,
To start i will give the spec of my configuration,
I try to run a four cylinder engine in full sequential, injection and ignition COP, with an MS3X
for that i have one crank sensor (hall sensor with 36-1 missing tooth) and one cam sensor (VR sensor with one tooth wheel),

This weekend i tried to start my engine, and he started but just for 30s, and the ignition was obviously wrong

When i looked at the log, the cam signal was odd, but the crankshaft signal was good (i think ),
Then i tried in wasted Cop mode but any improvement,
I read somewhere in the forum than adjusting the plot of the VR sensor can resolve my problem of cam signal. Maybe?

I post you the msq and datalog of the sensor.
sequential.csv
tooth crank.csv
filemsq.msq
Thank you,
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: bad cam signal

Post by billr »

Ignore the cam signal, even disconnect the cable, until you can get it to start and run fine in "wasted COP". The crank signal looks good. Have you verified timing with a strobe light? Your WUE is kind of lean, try increasing those values.
thomas r
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thomas r »

I check the timing which seem good, but i think that the ignition make the spark at the wrong TDC (not compression), i will check this weekend because i haven't the car right now.
For the WUE is the setting that you have as base in the logiciel, i will try to increase those number like you said.
thomas r
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thomas r »

HELLO guy's i started the car for 30s approximatively, everything seems perfect but past this 30s, something cut (i think is the fuel and the engine die).
Maybe a setting that cut the fuel after warm up ? i don't know :|
I post the msl if it can help you,
Thanks
2017-07-22_17.15.15.msl
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

So... what is the WUE now? Yes, post a new MSQ. It is good to post the current MSQ every time you ask a question, if the MSQ has changed since last posted.
thomas r
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thomas r »

sorry i forgot,
22-07.msq
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I would try increasing the WUE some more, but make the last value (bottom value in the table) 100%; that is what "turns off" WUE when the engine is fully warmed up.
thomas r
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by thomas r »

Thanks for your help bill, the engine run, i will adjust fuel and ignition, then try to pass in full sequential.
Anyway thanks :D