Ms3 Launch control and trans brake

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

glowryder
Master MS/Extra'er

Ms3 Launch control and trans brake

Post by glowryder »

I RUN MS3X and have LC and flatshift setup. Im a FWD and will be running a transbrake solenoid on my clutch line.

I only want this in 1st gear.
If I set transbrake input to "Launch In", will the transbrake only be active when i have reached launch conditions?

Since flat shift is on, I was hoping there would be a way for me to set a mph on the trans brake so it doesn't trigger. My fear is since Im using "Launch In" it will trigger during flatshift events as well.

Thoughts on how I can set this up?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ms3 Launch control and trans brake

Post by nathaninwa »

Let's see. From memory the trans output will be active with launch in, so you could wire it through a switch, so for street driving it's not active at all but at the track it can be

And iirc the launch is disabled above X rpm and so now is the trans output. So after the release of first gear youll only have the flat shift limiter

And are you thinking linelock solenoid instead of transbrake for the clutch setup?
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
glowryder
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by glowryder »

Correct line lock on the clutch line.

Correct, the line lock would be triggered by "Launch in", but so is flat shift, so my worry is the line lock wont know the difference between Launch or flatshift. If it does then having the line lock trigger off launch should be fine.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Do you have vss hooked up at all? And what firmware are you on? The latest 1.5 beta has a lockout feature on the transbrake output with any vss input

Read the release notes on beta 3 and beta 4
glowryder
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by glowryder »

1.4 beta is what I have now. Been gun shy of updating.

I do have vss, and that would be a perfect way to do it.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

The update is pretty seamless from 1.4 to 1.5. The only big gotcha is the new engine state setup for idle/overrun/cruise/wot and things like that. Download the firmware and look over the example msq and under the general tab near the top is the engine state setup page