strange EAE

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Auntyval
MS/Extra Newbie

strange EAE

Post by Auntyval »

Hi,

I have a 2.5 KV6 with throttle bodies, tuned exhaust run by MS2 V3 on alpha-N fitted in a competition Land Rover.

I have finally got it running fairly well, but am confused by the effect that EAE seems to be having.

EAE is turned OFF, but still shows a signal of up to 100% in the data log and seems to be sending the mixture very rich. Is this correct, or is something else strange happening ?

The attached log is from several accelerations in first and second gear, the EAE signal can be clearly seen.

I hope that someone can help with this confusing result.

Thanks

John
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: strange EAE

Post by turbo conversion »

I am not seeing what you are talking about, EAE at 100%.

Can you tell me what you are seeing and where?

I do see a lot of AE triggers.

David
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
Auntyval
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Auntyval »

Hi David,

Thanks for looking.

I agree there are too many triggers, I need to turn off the MAPDOT and just use the TPSDOT.

My confusion is shown in the attached jpeg. The EAEload shoots up to 100% for the whole of the acceleration and seems to be sending the mixture rich.

I am trying to tune without EAE so have it turned off from tunerstudio, but it still seems to be doing something !

Have I missed something here, or is the system playing up ? ( I suspect it is me!)

Thanks for any help that you can let me have

John
turbo conversion
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by turbo conversion »

I have not tried EAE so I do not know how to tune it.

From what I see in the log EAE load is -0.1 to 99.4 through out the log.

EAE1% and EAE 2% are showing 0 through out the log so I am assuming there is no EAE triggering at these points.

Will someone chime in that has knowledge of this, as I said I am assuming.

David
1976 Datsun 280Z L28ET Garrett GT35R T3-T04E stage3 50 trim 63 A/R housing custom grind cam 2000-6000 rpm 440cc injectors intercooled 18 lbs. boost
3" exhaust turbo back LC-1 o2 sensor Hallman manual boost controller EDIS 6 ignition batch fire 60mm throttle body 5 spd T5 borg warner 3.54 lsd
suberimakuri
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by suberimakuri »

Try viewing the mega log viewer trace fuel Accel PW.
It's possibly triggering but may not actually be adding any further. I think that's the name but you'll find it. There are a few helpful ones too sure what enrichments are being added and then the total overall enrichment.
Auntyval
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Auntyval »

Thanks suberimakuri

I have just seen on another thread that the accel logging has been improved since the MS 3.2.4 firmware that I am using. I can't see any more info than in my log. I will upload the later version when I can, but it will be a while before I can do any more logging.

Thanks everyone for your help. If there is anything else which can be understood from my current log I would appreciate it, otherwise I will post more at the end of August when I can do more logging.

John
pit_celica
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by pit_celica »

EAE Load is just the actual value of the Y Axis of any EAE related tables. From your tune, your EAE load is tied to "Use Primary Load Algorithm" which in your case is Alpha-N.

So, EAE Load isn't an indicator of fuel enrichment. As noted by other users, EAE isn't enabled in your tune and this is reflected in your log by EAE1% and EAE2% being 0 everywhere.

Final word, EAE isn't a factor here, so this topic title isn't appropriate anymore.

Now, about your overfueling issue, here are some notes :

- you are using 6 squirts per engine cycle. Your PW at idle is around 1.7ms. I would try to reduce the squirt per engine cycle because of the low PW at idle.
- your MAP signal is quite noisy, this cause some noise on the MAPdot signal and you are using some MAPdot in your accel settings.
- your accel enrichment values seems a little bit too hard. You have some big 1.2ms PW spike, maybe that's too much of a spike for a small accel event.

Sam