Stumble under hard acceleration, Ign or Fuel?

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

martin2day
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Stumble under hard acceleration, Ign or Fuel?

Post by martin2day »

Hello,

from day to day the car drive better. I think my VE1 up to 49% TPS is tuned very well.
Under light trottle movement the car drive very nice. If i hit the throttle much harder and i think the kPa goes way over 80kPa the car begin to stumble.
The AFR say it is to lean.... if i am looking on the LOG i see on other times the AFR on this VE is right.... so what is the problem?
I have change my ignition over 80kPa... more ur less.... no change in lean AFR.
Less rpm and the problem is bigger... at 4000rpm i have no problem.

On other parts of the log i the that at this TPSdot the AE goes much richer.... so is the AE not right?

I hope someone can give my i hint to solve this problem.

Thank u so much
Martin
2017-07-29_13_modified.msl
2017-07-29_18.14.21.msq
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Stumble under hard acceleration, Ign or Fuel?

Post by billr »

With just two injectors, is this a TBI intake? If so, why "alpha-N"? The Baro curve is rather unusual, what is your goal with that? (Same for MAT) Getting back to the injectors... are they high-Z as your settings indicate?
martin2day
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by martin2day »

Hello,

yes it is a TPI. 4 injectors.... but the only the front blades move up to 49%TPs...
than the second (Staged) come into play.... so yes until 49% TPS i have only 2 injectors.

My injectors are 12,7 Ohm.

The MAT is so because with the original curve at idle when the electric cooler goes on the MAT goes high very quick... and at this time the AFR change very quick.. with this MAT Curve this problem is solved.

Martin
martin2day
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by martin2day »

I use Alpha-N because in SD i can not use the staged injection table TPS based.
The staged injection table is only load based.... so in SD it is map.

But as i mention above.... until 49% only the front blades are open. At 49% the rear begin to oben. At 100%TPS both blades are full open.
I have run staged with activation at only one TPS value at SD... but this does not go.

Martin
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

"I use Alpha-N because in SD i can not use the staged injection table TPS based.
The staged injection table is only load based.... so in SD it is map."

I'm not following that, quite probably because I have no experience with "table switching". However, it looks to me like TPS can be used for table switching in S-D. Let's hope somebody with more knowledge joins in here...