Idle tuning (surge)

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

347silverado
MS/Extra Newbie

Idle tuning (surge)

Post by 347silverado »

Hey guys i have a 2005 Silverado with a 347 ls motor. The cam profile is 227/235 6xx/6xx lift 113 lsa intake centerline is 109.5 heads are TEA ported 215cc. To get some of this out of the way i have checked the following: Fuel pressure is 43.5 set in the computer the same, injectors are set as they are at 441cc which are 42lb injectors, fuel pump is a aeromotive 340lph, throttle body is an ebay GPLUS brand 92mm throttle body, its a 24x motor. The engine starts not so well on cold start, it surges even when it sounds like its steady you can hear a slight surge very hard to hear. It trys to die going into gear. biggest question is the surge and if any of you may have had a similar setup and or just know where to start tuning and what some tricks are with this software? I have an ms3 gold box and am using software version Tunerstudio MS Ultrq v3.0.28
MS3 1.4.1
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Idle tuning (surge)

Post by billr »

Set the "req_fuel"to the calculated value and leave it alone.

Have the injectors been flowed for rate and dead-time? The DT is set to 1 msec (default), so I'm guessing the injectors have not be flowed and DT is incorrect.

VE values in the idle range seem kind of low.

Spark advance in the idle range seems kind of high.

I would turn off "idle advance" for now.

Post a run log (MSL)
347silverado
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Idle tuning (surge)

Post by 347silverado »

Thanks for getting back to me so soon! I will change those things and see what happens. If that doesn't fix it I will post a log.