Video Demonstrating MS3 AE Setup

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Video Demonstrating MS3 AE Setup

Post by whittlebeast »

Last edited by whittlebeast on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Video Demonstrating MS3 AE Setup

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

Like the way you approach this with the RPM response. Also used this before and it was much more productive than trying to make sense of the AFR reading. Wish this video existed a year ago :)
Also appreciate the engine-cycle thing, was just looking for something like that for something else!

Two hopefully constructive criticisms:
1) I don't understand the goal of the graphs generated with the filters for Map<95kpa. You say "I'll use [the green curve] in the next curve", and then you show TPSWOT%. But your TPSWOT% has different, much higher values in it?
In addition, it seems like you're using an ITB setup there, and I think if you're using Map as an indicator for WOT, this only works for SpeedDensity setups. In my experience Map goes to ambient way before WOT is reached, and therefore I look at my VETables to determine TPSWOT% as otherwise I'd have around <25% WOT at max power, which definately isn't right as VE is still changing dramatically.

2) I think a better microphone would benefit your videos, based on (presumed) effort-to-gains-ratio :)
It's not really necessary and even as a non-native speaker I can understand it just fine though.

Keep it up, and thanks for doing this!
My project: Link
Motoren
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Motoren »

When I click the link it takes me to upload video. This link works for me.

https://youtu.be/KSUUVuSqRCY

Best regards
Kent
Kent
Supra mk3 2jz-gte
Ms3pro ultimate (installing)
Microsquirt trans control (installing)
Denmark
jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jesse408 »

Thank you Andy for sharing these eye opening videos. I was excited to try and put one of these custom calculated fields (Engine Cycles) into use. Unfortunately, I keep getting an Invalid Formula Warning when trying to follow your exaple. Perhaps I have the formula wrong? Can you please help us to understand how these formulas are to be written? The formula I attempted to use was named Engine Cycles and here is the formula I tried to enter.
[next_spark.tooth]<[next_spark.tooth-1]?1:0
Should there be spaces in here somewhere?
Thanks.
whittlebeast
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by whittlebeast »

Can you see the field

next_spark.tooth

in the logs?
jesse408
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by jesse408 »

I'm sorry to say it was user error...I seem to have the formula working now... Thank you!
dll67
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by dll67 »

next_spark.tooth is a logged field ? I dont see that in Tunerstudio/data logging/data log profile editor/profile data log fields as an option to data log. Is next_spark.tooth a calculated field in MLVHD ?
I must be missing something i cant be the only one without it ...

Found it
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 34&t=60669
MS3PU/IOx/CAN-EGT/DBWx2 540ci BBC 325cc int runners (2)innovate LC2 wbo2's, Hilborn ITB injector cnvrtd to EFI, 55LB Inj, d585 coil near plg, 60-2 trg whl & cam ph snsr, Muncie 4spd w/10T VSS, Tilton 7.25" cerametalic cltch 8.5LB flywhl