MS3 - Tuning Accel Enrichment

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3 - Tuning Accel Enrichment

Post by goodysgotacuda »

Accel Enrichment is something I seem to continue struggling with, I am looking for some input on where to head with this.

It seems as if no matter what I do with the settings, I always end up with a sharp lean spike, followed by a slow overly rich spike before things calm down. To me, the engine is not as crisp as it should be.

The attached log is all done while stopped, hot idle and I am making sharp cracks of the throttle.

From the log I can tell:
  • I may want to start logging this via SDcard, logging off of the serial cable shows it could be a bit slow for what I am trying to watch
  • I get a dip in fuel pressure, running about 4.4(bar) while idling and it will dip down to 3.9(bar)
  • It takes me about 0.27(s) to get the throttle fully open, at a maximum TPSdot of 1,759(%/sec)
  • My Fuel:Accel Enrich read a maximum of 386(%)....why? My Time-Based Accel Enrich table pegs at 80% @ 1,000(%/sec)
  • I belive some of my issues stem from the duration of Accel Time, should I look at adjusting this? Which way?
  • Should I consider something different with the decel fuel amount?
  • I always tend to guess at the TPS based AE table as I can't quite capture what it's actually doing. Hence why I am wondering how I get a 386% fuel accel enrich reading in the log, when the maximum setting in the table is 80%....
[/list]

upload2017-12-19_11.55.17.msq
(285.13 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
2017-12-19_11.54.16rev.msl
(158.18 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user
Dennis_Zx7r
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 - Tuning Accel Enrichment

Post by Dennis_Zx7r »

For me the wideband was no real help on (simple, not EAE) AE tuning. I ended up ignoring it and configuring it for best engine response based on the changing of the rpm.
Have a look at https://youtu.be/KSUUVuSqRCY
My project: Link
goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 - Tuning Accel Enrichment

Post by goodysgotacuda »

Dennis_Zx7r wrote:For me the wideband was no real help on (simple, not EAE) AE tuning. I ended up ignoring it and configuring it for best engine response based on the changing of the rpm.
Have a look at https://youtu.be/KSUUVuSqRCY

Thanks, I really need to get the paid version of MLV so I can do some of this analysis. Some of these plots seem a bit overwhelming, but I need to start diving into it.
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user