911 3.6l turbo air cooled msq

Tuning concepts, methods, tips etc.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

911 3.6l turbo air cooled msq

Post by maych87 »

I am about to start my turbo project on my naturally aspirated 1989 porsche 911 3.6l twin plug. I am wondering if anyone has a msq for that car that they would allow me to have to set up my baseline for timing and fuel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Dennis930
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: 911 3.6l turbo air cooled msq

Post by Dennis930 »

What is the compression ratio going to be, what boost level are you going to run, what sort of ignition system are you using?

I could post up my twin plug 3.0L MSQ, but I am running 17 PSI boost, 12 LS2 coils and have a low compression engine.
Porsche 930 3.0 Slantnose
MS3/MS3X Sequential Injection & Spark, MS Knock, Dual plug, LS2 coils, Siemens 55 lb/hr HiZ injectors, ALM-ADV Wide Band,
Carrera Intake, Extrude honed, Ford 70mm Throttlebody, GTX3071R Turbo
maych87
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 911 3.6l turbo air cooled msq

Post by maych87 »

I’m keeping stock compression ratio. 11.3:1. I’m only going to run 4 to 5 psi. I got a meth injection kit to keep iat’s down, also they claim it’s equivalent to running 117 octane gas which should also make it ok that the compression is so high. I haven’t installed it yet though. I am currently running with the stock dual distributor. I eventually will rebuild my engine with proper compression and internals and crank the boost. I want to get it running before I invest that much money in engine parts.

I am more concerned with the ignition and fuel map. I know the fuel and ignition settings will not work.

I would rather use someone’s decent fuel and spark map than use the table generator.

Not sure if I could use a 3.0l though. Maybe I would be just as well off using the table generator in tuner studio. What are your thoughts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro