Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Rx7TyreBurna
MS/Extra Newbie

Question about LS1 injection

Post by Rx7TyreBurna »

Hey guys,
First time with the megasquirt 2 v3.0.
This is an LS based engine.
My question is about the injector batches.
The firing order on the LS1 is:
1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3

Thinking about injectors, I'd want to inject fuel initially in cylinders 1,8,7,2 at the time I'd fire 1. Then, I'd assume I'd fire 6,5,4,3 at the time I'd normally fire 6. This would give the fuel sitting near the valves for the least time, right? It would also space the injectors firing a bit. Or, am I not understanding batch fire correctly? In batch fire mode, does it do something similar? I see the sequential injection allows me to set degrees between the firing of the injectors.

Any megasquirt or LS specific information is greatly appreciated! I have the spark ready, just looking at wiring for the injectors.
Rx7TyreBurna
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Question about LS1 injection

Post by Rx7TyreBurna »

So.... I spent some time reading. It looks like with batch fire, 4 stroke, 2 fires per.... it essentially fires one bank at 0 degrees, the other at 360? Or, that approximate area? I started reading on how it did the timing, and ran out of time.
I'm going to keep digging. I think I'm still going to hook the injectors up in those batches, do the batches make sense?
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Think for that firing order and batch you group them 1467 and 2358. But grouping them just left and right bank doesn't actually make a vast difference.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Rx7TyreBurna
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rx7TyreBurna »

Thanks!
What is the reasoning behind grouping them in that way?